2018 Prediction Thread

Either drill writers will be no more, or there will be a rule change to mitigate the amount of park and blow. I also think judging consistency will be looked at.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, afd said:

Too bad there is no way to actually put money on predictions. I wonder how many would actually change their picks from a wish pic to an betting pic.

Are you kidding.. I would put up 20 thousand bucks, borrow 20 thousand more, then drain my retirement funds, and put it on BD to win or place. BD is WAY better odds than the ponies could ever possibly be. BD is even better odds to win or place than the racetracks that try and fix the dog races. (haha)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ghost said:

Boy, are you early!

i got bored

• Like 1

2 hours ago, afd said:

Too bad there is no way to actually put money on predictions. I wonder how many would actually change their picks from a wish pic to an betting pic.

never. i'm always right

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. Crown - harnesses the power of the brass in a more traditional show - able to capture the emotion of 2015 and takes gold
  2. BD - works their magic again but gets edged by Crown
  3. Bloo - bounces back and introduces another new wrinkle to the activity - experiments with lighting as an effect
  4. SCV - has a brilliant show returning to intense, brooding and dark Russian orchestral music
  5. Cadets - retains creative staff and develops a more competitively relevant show based on another Bernstein score
  6. Boston - has great year attracting even more MM talent but can't best the "magic" of Wicked Games design
  7. Cavaliers - has another "Game On" kind of theme but hangs tough due to incredible talent of MMs
  8. BK - fantastic brass score from Bocook is hampered by an obtuse show design
  9. Phantom - continues to build a theme into their program, delivers a lovely show but crowded out by performances in the upper tier
  10. Crossmen - solid and entertaining show. Can't find the formula to break into the top 6
  11. Academy - delivers an endearing show based on the You've Got Mail soundtrack that evokes a lump in the throat and propels them back into Finals
  12. Bluestars - lush, big music program on top of a solid but unremarkable visual design
  13. Madison - still searching for their identity and struggles with attracting and retaining talent in all areas of the organization 
  14. Mandarins - has trouble breaking the top 12 due to financial constraints and trouble attracting MM talent against west coast powerhouse corps
  15. Colts - still working hard and providing accessible entertainment
Edited by GlenI
  • Like 2

No it's their world. Everybody else just tries to play along for seconds. 

59 minutes ago, GlenI said:

Bloo - bounces back and introduces another new wrinkle to the activity - experiments with lighting as an effect

Hmmmmm... this has been dabbled with before in SCV 2015 and others... but I bet it could work as a show concept. Expensive? Yes, but potentially eye-popping.

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Are you kidding.. I would put up 20 thousand bucks, borrow 20 thousand more, then drain my retirement funds, and put it on BD to win or place. BD is WAY better odds than the ponies could ever possibly be. BD is even better odds to win or place than the racetracks that try and fix the dog races. (haha)

Now, would you put the same $$$ on a trifecta?

19 hours ago, GlenI said:

BK - fantastic brass score from Bocook is hampered by an obtuse show design

Academy - delivers an endearing show based on the You've Got Mail soundtrack that evokes a lump in the throat and propels them back into Finals

:8_laughing:

Those explanations are just too funny!