2018 Prediction Thread

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Not a prediction -- I will save those for later as we head into the new season -- but it seems to me the Big Four have not changed, even though Bluecoats were beat by Cavaliers on Finals night.  I still believe the top 4 corps in the activity are Blue Devils, Santa Clara, Carolina Crown, and Bluecoats. 

Judges don't agree.. but thats fine. Its not unusual for fans to disagree with the judges. The current BIG 4 in the activity are BD, SCV, Crown, Cavaliers. The Bluecoats slipped to 5th. Now having said that, its possible for the Bluecoats to reclaim Big 4 status. But that will have to wait. This was decided where it always is... on the competition field. The Cavaliers earned that 4th spot and are on the rise. The Bluecoats dropped 4 positions, finishing just a 1.81 points ahead of the Boston Crusaders in 6th. It does a disservice to the Cavaliers to place the Bluecoats ahead of them, when in the last competition of the season..THE most important head to head competition of the season,... the Cavaliers finished ahead of the Bluecoats. You can't put a Corps that fell out of the Top 4, back into the Top 4. You can predict they'll reclaim TOP 4 in 2018 however. That'll work, as this is a forward looking prediction thread, not a reality based thread reflective on who really ARE the Top 4 Corps in DCI at the moment here in 2017.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

I predict BD will dispose all notions of "rebuilding" due to large age-out class by finding 150 members with birthdays on June 2nd so they can have the most 22 yr old members ever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, c mor said:

I predict BD will dispose all notions of "rebuilding" due to large age-out class by finding 150 members with birthdays on June 2nd so they can have the most 22 yr old members ever.

There is no such thing as a Blue Devils rebuild...they are just THAT good...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Yeah, more like refill or reload.

The ceramic tiles on the BlueDevils nose cone are starting to loosen.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Judges don't agree.. but thats fine. Its not unusual for fans to disagree with the judges. The current BIG 4 in the activity are BD, SCV, Crown, Cavaliers. The Bluecoats slipped to 5th. You can't put a Corps that fell out of the Top 4, back into the Top 4. You can predict they'll reclaim TOP 4 in 2018 however. 

I can do what I want. And yes, Bluecoats are still one of the top 4 in my book considering they beat Cavaliers head to head most of the summer. It's my opinion, not yours. Yes, they lost one contest to Cavaliers. But my big picture is that Bloo is still top 4. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

youre talking about a corps that won 5 championships and finished in the top three 11 times since 2000. To say that there are top 4 corps in the activity and then basically everyone else is a little misconstrued. Based on history the top 4 corps in the activity are BD, Cadets, Cavaliers and SCV. 

I'm not talking historically or even since 2000. I am well aware of the Cavaliers successes. I am talking last 5 years or so. That's all, and it's just an opinion. I didn't call the Cavaliers names or berate them...just made critical assessments according to my opinions. I'm sure yours are different.

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

I can do what I want. And yes, Bluecoats are still one of the top 4 in my book considering they beat Cavaliers head to head most of the summer. It's my opinion, not yours. Yes, they lost one contest to Cavaliers. But my big picture is that Bloo is still top 4. 

In retrospect, when I think about it, its true, people can believe and do whatever they want. It is a free country. The Bluscoats finished 5th at Finals, but heck if you want to put them even in 1st place in your assessment, nothing can, nor should stop that. So upon reflection, I'm not about to attempt to tell you want you should think or believe. People do dig in their heels on things, and no sense in me pointing out what the DCI judges believed in the end. I suppose Madison Scouts then were a Top 12 Finals Corps in 2016 too. What the heck, why not. They only were out of the Top12 for 1 nite too.. So there it is. Judges say one thing. Fans say another.  Both Madison 2016 and Bluecoats 2017 are really not where the judges put them in the end, if fans want to put them elsewhere in their minds in rankings, so be it. What the heck, why not.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

In retrospect, when I think about it, its true, people can believe and do whatever they want. It is a free country. The Bluscoats finished 5th at Finals, but heck if you want to put them even in 1st place in your assessment, nothing can, nor should stop that. So upon reflection, I'm not about to attempt to tell you want you should think or believe. People do dig in their heels on things, and no sense in me pointing out what the DCI judges believed in the end. I suppose Madison Scouts then were a Top 12 Finals Corps in 2016 too. What the heck, why not. They only were out of the Top12 for 1 nite too.. So there it is. Judges say one thing. Fans say another.  Both Madison 2016 and Bluecoats 2017 are really not where the judges put them in the end, if fans want to put them elsewhere in their minds in rankings, so be it. What the heck, why not.

How many horses do you kill on a daily basis 

• Haha 1