Blue Devils 2018

9 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Ok BD Nation. Is this upcoming season the year we get our show with all Gordon Goodwin music?

That would be .......... Amazing

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Crown Phan said:

Would love to actually see them march and play something demanding. 

Stahp. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Crown Phan said:

I did from Row 12 tonight. I flipping time it out with a stop watch. They do a brilliant job making it seem like they're doing more work than they are. 

If it ain't broke, why did fix it? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cube said:

I think I might just be a fan of drill.

You might just be a visual Luddite. Do you even realize that the "old school" pedestrian (see Merriam-Webster definition 2b) marching is basically the easiest technique that is employed in the modern visual designer's arsenal? Nope. You don't get it. 

• Like 2

Clips from this year's show are up on YouTube, if you're curious.  

• Like 5

Who, Crown? Me too. Would be nice to get rid of all those 4 and 8 count halts in the middle of phrases.

• Like 5

I am still soaking in the finals from last night... still not out of it yet to even think about next year. Let me say now, I think they are gonna be taking some more risk in the coming years. I get that feeling and sense that some unusual shows coming, as well as themes of ideas they have in thier rep to explore. I just hope they keep it brilliantly musical as this year but keep evolving it. Last night shows was like the beginning of a new chapter for the organization. Theres no slowing down on BD, who wabts to see them desolve will be disappointed because that wont happen at least for a very longtime. New leaders inline to take up the mantles, fresh young minds will take over, unbelievable talents that understand and knows the BD way. And I hope for BD to get that three peat under its belt soon. I HOPE....

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I am still soaking in the finals from last night... still not out of it yet to even think about next year. Let me say now, I think they are gonna be taking some more risk in the coming years. I get that feeling and sense that some unusual shows coming, as well as themes of ideas they have in thier rep to explore. I just hope they keep it brilliantly musical as this year but keep evolving it. Last night shows was like the beginning of a new chapter for the organization. Theres no slowing down on BD, who wabts to see them desolve will be disappointed because that wont happen at least for a very longtime. New leaders inline to take up the mantles, fresh young minds will take over, unbelievable talents that understand and knows the BD way. And I hope for BD to get that three peat under its belt soon. I HOPE....

Chandler mentioned in one of the videos that this year was the first time the talent level (and openness to try anything) with the members allowed some of the movement ideas he's had for years to finally become a reality. It's the ground floor of what is going to be an extremely interesting climb into uncharted territory. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BDCorno said:

Who, Crown? Me too. Would be nice to get rid of all those 4 and 8 count halts in the middle of phrases.

I did admittedly LOL but I think we should avoid this. We shouldn't throw other corps under the bus over these dweebs, tbh. 

• Like 2