Blue Devils 2018

6 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Agreed.  I wouldnt consider it out of the realm of possibility though, as much as I love BD they are no stranger to cheesy designs.  I would argue at their core, 2015 and 2011 are the same way, even though I love both of them immensly.

I thought 2011 was cheesy for me...music was great but not what I'd pick for a show. 2015 was different. Trotting out Clara probably seemed cheesy to many (yellow frock didn't help), but it made sense with the theme. Wouldn't go as far as to call the show cheesy, but it was getting there. Boy, did they do a show on finals night though...sucked the air right out of the Oil Can.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

I thought 2011 was cheesy for me...music was great but not what I'd pick for a show. 2015 was different. Trotting out Clara probably seemed cheesy to many (yellow frock didn't help), but it made sense with the theme. Wouldn't go as far as to call the show cheesy, but it was getting there. Boy, did they do a show on finals night though...sucked the air right out of the Oil Can.

When's the last time BD hasn't brought it on finals night? 2008? 

2 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

The soloists sure didn't. Ech. Glad they hit it this year.

Yeah 2013 wasn't the best...2016 was very good but not great. When I speak of 2015 and 2017, I'm talking about maxing the show at the final show.

15 hours ago, jmc5682 said:

What a ridiculous comment.

How was my comment, which praised BD, ridiculous?

Are you saying I was wrong to praise BD?

On 8/22/2017 at 6:52 AM, jmc5682 said:

Jerry Seawright, the BD founder,

Jerry Seawrite WAS NOT the founder~!  He was the first director whe they switched to using BUGLES!  The recording on the beginning of the show was their first Competition after playng tha† music almost a year.

The Blue Devils were founded by Tony and Anne Odello in 1957 when their daughter Annette wanted to keep twiriling baton for a local drum and bell outfit called the Martinets that were folding. (not sure on the exact details about this part)

Jerry was a great guy and had a keen mind for finance and a good philosophy for success.  The Odello family still runs a lot of the younger outfits.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...