Blue Devils 2018

38 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

For those of you in the DC area, you will have an opportunity to see the Blue Devils at a live rehearsal in Northern VA again this year.  More info to follow as we finalize our school as the host facility prior to the competition at Navy-Marine Corps stadium in Annapolis, MD on July 31.

Why this is identical to a post on the Crown thread by the same poster.

20 minutes ago, xandandl said:

They host both corps.

I know... that's a Captain Obvious answer.  LOL

Edited by Fran Haring

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

It is not the exact same.  We are hosting the Blue Devils before the Annapolis show at one of the schools where I am a Volunteer Instructor (Show Coordinator).  We are hosting Crown earlier in July at another school.  Both locations are in Purcellville, VA.

I have the privilege of hosting multiple corps again this year.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

It is not the exact same.  We are hosting the Blue Devils before the Annapolis show at one of the schools where I am a Volunteer Instructor (Show Coordinator).  We are hosting Crown earlier in July at another school.  Both locations are in Purcellville, VA.

I have the privilege of hosting multiple corps again this year.

Thank you. As one who has been on many corps tours,  finding a welcoming staff and great facility makes drum corps tour so much better. You must do a great job if they keep on returning.

14 hours ago, xandandl said:

Thank you. As one who has been on many corps tours,  finding a welcoming staff and great facility makes drum corps tour so much better. You must do a great job if they keep on returning.

We enjoy hosting and it makes for a great educational experience for our students at the beginning of the marching band season.  We make sure the ensemble rehearsal in the evening is free and open to the public.  We even let the corps set up their souvie tent so they can make a few bucks.

We are lucky enough to have administration that enjoys drum corps.  The first words out of the new principal a few years ago to our band director were "Have you ever hosted a drum corps?"  Talk about music to my ears.  We have hosted Blue Devils, Cavaliers and Crown since those words were uttered.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I miss this place! So BD February camp this weekend. Is there any little nuggets of what this weekend camp look like and sound like so far, Any little thought or thoughts ? ? 

8 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Every individual that gets a contract for membership also has to submit their ring size.  :doh::lle::thumbup::laugh:

Being pro active is a good thing.  Better to be over confident then having no confidence I've always said, especially with the BD track record.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2017 at 8:24 AM, BDCorno said:

I've been a dinosaur. I was on the field for BD title #1 and a couple or three others... I miss G bugles, don't care for some of the newer aspects of the activity all that much, but that's progress for ya.

Just coming back to this thread and I almost pointed out bdcorno's dino nature, but he'd already roared in with his comments, even if it took him 30 minutes to type it because of his tiny T-rex arms. Those arms are why he preferred the old "snail" French Horns instead of the "baseball bat" French Horns.

Actually, Brasso, NBA players saw what BD had done and are duplicating it. Just ask Lebron James. :1_grinning: