Blue Devils 2018

On 5/7/2018 at 4:40 PM, Chief Guns said:

Lol welcome back! I have no clue what they are doing, but I am still holding out for my BD show with all Gordon Goodwin music. Hopefully one of these years they will bless us with that.

Probable we can get the idea across to them if we are relentlessly trying to. I AM GOING TO TRY! I am serious! I definitely would want to see such a show on Gordon Goodwin music

• Like 1

Blue Devils B 2018: The Other Side

https://www.bluedevils.org/programs/b-corps/seasons/?module=info&season=2018

Edited by CommanderCoconut
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tomorrow is the big reveal. Liking these two shows they have announced already. 

• Like 1

2018-bdb-the-other-side-1200x1378.jpg

The Other Side is a glimpse into a life beyond what we know. It's a duet between the living and those who have moved on to a place full of color and happiness. The show is about a historic day the living can mingle and party with those who have gone to the other side.

• "Danse Macabre" Camille Saint-Saens
  • "The Carnival of the Animals" Camille Saint-Saens
  • "Dead Man's Party" Danny Elfman
  • "Hello" Adele
  • "Come Together" The Beatles
  • "The Ecstasy of Gold" Ennio Marricone
  • "A Time For Us" Nino Rota
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

"Dead Man's Party" Danny Elfman

Hey, we're finally gonna hear some Oingo Boingo on the field!

• Like 4

B and C have great themes, IMO 

Can't for the A corps!

8 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Hey, we're finally gonna hear some Oingo Boingo on the field!

Some Classic pop fun on the field indeed. i like how light and fun this rep is.

• Like 2

Yeah, announcement likely tomorrow. 

Got to listen to early snippets of ensemble recordings. Music is great. Lush. Fat. Technical(!). Didn't listen to the ballad but based on the song choice it will be a familiar fit. They really captured the theme with this music.

Edited by gabe211
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 4:40 PM, Chief Guns said:

Lol welcome back! I have no clue what they are doing, but I am still holding out for my BD show with all Gordon Goodwin music. Hopefully one of these years they will bless us with that.

How would something like this actually work?  Would BD be willing to not have their music design team develop the music for a season in favor of Gordon Goodwin doing it that year?  Obviously the design team was ok with it for one song during a season or two, but would they be for the whole show?  Doesn’t that put them out of work for that season too?

I’d be in favor of this as well, as his stuff has generally been the parts of those shows that I liked the most (a la “Ink”).  I’m just curious how an entire show of Goodwin’s music would actually work logistically.

54 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

How would something like this actually work?  Would BD be willing to not have their music design team develop the music for a season in favor of Gordon Goodwin doing it that year?  Obviously the design team was ok with it for one song during a season or two, but would they be for the whole show?  Doesn’t that put them out of work for that season too?

I’d be in favor of this as well, as his stuff has generally been the parts of those shows that I liked the most (a la “Ink”).  I’m just curious how an entire show of Goodwin’s music would actually work logistically.

You make some very good points. This is one of the 6 billion reasons why I will never be put in charge of a corps on any level. I never thought about the music design team possibly being out of work cause of this. But....................... if anyone could pull it off, BD can!