Blue Devils 2018

3 hours ago, cowtown said:

All I said was Crown brass has influenced BD brass writing and all the snowflakes melt, not disregarding anyone one.

Crown sometimes overwrites their runs killing the flow of the piece so while I appreciate the effort it can be too much, I feel some of that has crept into BD's book since 2014

You have a very pretty corps BD

My post wasn't directed at you.

On 6/7/2018 at 9:37 AM, cowtown said:

half technical box ticking, bowing to the judges and the rest slow, build and musical. If it follows, more stagnant, group brass dance wiggle visuals for the brass runs 

i thought you were talking about Crown 2017 here

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Well, a number of people said in 2017 that Crown was trying too much to be like the Blue Devils design-wise.  

They said the same thing in 2013. Maybe I’m biased, but I don’t see it. 

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Well, a number of people said in 2017 that Crown was trying too much to be like the Blue Devils design-wise.  

i wouldn't know. i don't keep much track of opinionz.

all i know is that crown has been doing the body shimmying while brass does runs thing for 10 years.  when percussion does their thing, crown has been at the vanguard for having brass run around/roll around on the ground/you name it, they've done it. 

i for sure see the influence of crown on bd's brass design and accompanying visuals since around 2013, and bd maximized that formula last year.

i'm sorry if i'm being inaccurate with any of this.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

My post wasn't directed at you.

that's cool, was really backing up your point but I see now that I did a poor job as that wasn't clear

no offense meant or taken 

57 minutes ago, Lance said:

i wouldn't know. i don't keep much track of opinionz.

all i know is that crown has been doing the body shimmying while brass does runs thing for 10 years.  when percussion does their thing, crown has been at the vanguard for having brass run around/roll around on the ground/you name it, they've done it. 

i for sure see the influence of crown on bd's brass design and accompanying visuals since around 2013, and bd maximized that formula last year.

i'm sorry if i'm being inaccurate with any of this.

I generally agree with your opinion and would credit Crown, for better or worse, with popularizing body movement

All the corps through the ranks influence each other by using stuff they’ve ripped off of bands, WGI, dance troop and bad trips

10 minutes ago, cowtown said:

that's cool, was really backing up your point but I see now that I did a poor job as that wasn't clear

no offense meant or taken 

You're good

6 hours ago, cowtown said:

All I said was Crown brass has influenced BD brass writing and all the snowflakes melt, not disregarding anyone one.

Crown sometimes overwrites their runs killing the flow of the piece so while I appreciate the effort it can be too much, I feel some of that has crept into BD's book since 2014

You have a very pretty corps BD

His post was meant for me.