Blue Devils 2018

The visual will be breathtaking by the time August rolls around. Not sure how I feel about that music yet. Although the end was amazing.

3 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

The visual will be breathtaking by the time August rolls around. Not sure how I feel about that music yet. Although the end was amazing.

The ending  just the balled. The music sounds better in person. It’s gonna be a fun show to watch.

• Like 3

Oh yeah, this is gonna grove hard by season's end.  That swinging company front in the bit before the ballad is gonna get so much noise out of the crowds.  

This is a front runner for my favorite already.  Bloo's return to jazz better live up to expectations because BD's certainly has.

Edited by KVG_DC

Last night was the best I've seen them this time of the season since 2014. This show has good bones, and, as always, they'll now work more on the staging and developing the visual and improving those transitions. The ballad will be a highlight of the season. I don't see them placing below 2nd.

• Like 2

I've watched it twice. They definitely win the prize for most notes in a show. It's so tough to judge how anyone is going to be in August, so I'm going to refrain from that. And its even harder to get a good read based on a video. If you're in to the Blue Devils, you will love this show., If you're not into the Blue Devils you'll hate this show. IMHO, too many notes in the first several minutes of the show to really allow me to get into it, but maybe that's what they're going for. The ballad will be beautiful by August, looking forward to see that and the end of the show. In its current state, I don't think this show has the GE potential that last years show did. And in this run, the brass sounded like they we're struggling a bit, but lets be honest, with that many notes I would be struggling in June as well. All in all, another medal potential show for BD, but I don't see them going undefeated this season.

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Am i the only one surprised with how much isn't produced yet?

No your not. The show doesn't seem as developed as it has been in the past this time of year, at least to me.