Blue Devils 2018

4 hours ago, snare_guy_83 said:

How does the Quad "Konnakkol" feature fit in with the rest of the program?

It's cool, but they are playing with a track. Members mic'ed up singing it themselves would be at another level, but still...how does it fit the rest of the program?

I agree. It is super cool and thank Amir for letting them use it but it does not go with the show at all. Just like the Pink Floyd number didn't  go with Bloo's show.

One thing that bothers me is when people say "glad to see BD doing jazz again" Everything they do is jazz!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I’m honestly ashamed that some of these people in the comments are only a couple years younger than me and some are probably the same age! Comments under BD videos are always the worst, it usually has something along the lines of 

“So how much are they paying the judges this year?”

”this show is exactly the same as last year!”

”Park and bark, so boring”

”There are too many trumpet screamers, the corps doesn’t sound balanced at all”

”Would it kill them to do something other than jazz?”

Did I cover all the bases? Now I’m gonna go mash my head into a wall :lol:

Which is one of the reasons i love BD so much. Their ability to make some grown *** men and women cry, b****h, and moan like little kids year after year is highly entertaining. I love it! BD makes DCP so enjoyable. Which is also why i believe the first three weeks of the 2011 season here on DCP was so boring! BD came out the gate slow by their standards and was routinely finishing 3rd-4th. It wasn't until San Antonio when BD pulled up in Cavies rear view mirror when people started to moan. By the following week in Atlanta when BD won, DCP was in uproar lol. Everything felt right in the world. DCP was back to normal lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I’m honestly ashamed that some of these people in the comments are only a couple years younger than me and some are probably the same age! Comments under BD videos are always the worst, it usually has something along the lines of 

“So how much are they paying the judges this year?”

”this show is exactly the same as last year!”

”Park and bark, so boring”

”There are too many trumpet screamers, the corps doesn’t sound balanced at all”

”Would it kill them to do something other than jazz?”

Did I cover all the bases? Now I’m gonna go mash my head into a wall :lol:

Some of my favorites............

"Corps X can easily march BD show, but BD can't march corps X show."

"I swear if BD wins at finals this year, i am gonna............."    Tough guy alert! Tough guy alert! Sound the alarm!

"BD wins again! I am done with DCI and this activity! They will never get another penny from me ever!"  Then the following June the person pops back up excited for a new season lol.

"BD pops a 20 in a caption. They achieved maximum score. Corps X pops a 20 in a caption........Congrats to Corps X for their perfect score!!"

2015......."BD was so scared of Crown going into finals week, they had to go out and get a 10 year old at the last second to win."  Never mind that BD's staff identified Clara at family day the week before the season even started lol.

• Haha 2

Who's your daddy?

It's not so much about winning as it is being better than all the previous corps to have marched. When I hear an interesting drum book I know it's not for anyone but former members.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 12:39 AM, brassdude6171 said:

Question about BD's housing sitch. I was looking to stop by rehearsal when they're in town on the day of the AZ show and it said on their site "indoor rehearsal" at 12:30 at Mesquite HS. Being decently familiar with Mesquite's campus, I don't know of any indoor facility they would use. Does anyone have a way of getting clarification on this?

Pretty sure that will be in the gym. They may use their auditorium. Your best bet is to find the food truck and ask where they are. It's probably going to be parked on the west side of campus between the buildings and the football fields. I'd use the east entrances to the campus. Academy stayed their last year and that's where everything was for them. 

16 hours ago, flammaster said:

I agree. It is super cool and thank Amir for letting them use it but it does not go with the show at all. Just like the Pink Floyd number didn't  go with Bloo's show.

One thing that bothers me is when people say "glad to see BD doing jazz again" Everything they do is jazz!

True! Especially Gymnopedies back in '12!

On 6/24/2018 at 12:51 AM, saxfreq1128 said:

I couldn’t be more impressed by how much cleaner the corps is overall, but especially the guard. 

Also just noticed the boys’ saber toss exchanges during that sultry soprano solo after the drum break — wow. 

Gotta say, though, anyone placing BD over SCV at this stage might be jumping the gun a little. SCV’s really onto something. BD is too, obviously, but SCV’s got their boot firmly placed on BD’s neck. Gonna be a great season. 

"...but SCV’s got their boot firmly placed on BD’s neck"

While we're at jumping the gun...BD has won 2 of 3 from SCV. They're both fantastic, but frankly I think the corps that ultimately prevails is more up to BD than SCV. Oh, and popular opinion/sentiment. That's a powerful thing. Like '16.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BDCorno said:

"...but SCV’s got their boot firmly placed on BD’s neck"

While we're at jumping the gun...BD has won 2 of 3 from SCV. They're both fantastic, but frankly I think the corps that ultimately prevails is more up to BD than SCV. Oh, and popular opinion/sentiment. That's a powerful thing. Like '16.

I more meant in terms of the potential of each show—BD’s winning now, and of course I’m not mad about that, but I’m also excited for SCV to give them a run for their money. 

• Like 1

Anyone know what BD’s been looking like/up to this week? :146_bow:

18 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Anyone know what BD’s been looking like/up to this week? :146_bow:

I can let you know tomorrow night. Will be at BD's rehearsal.