Blue Devils 2018

8 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I get what you mean, maybe for both tempo and build even though it don't bother me, i think it's fine the way it is, but i also think it can improve a little afford with more time as much to sizzle up to a boil (Climax). But i would't say it's rushed, It don't feel rush to me personally, i would rather say give it little more time, it's really enjoyable.

:spitting:

3 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

:spitting:

And ?.....................................................................:spitting:

at the risk of  sounding like a dirty old man I reread the previous  comments regarding "Natural Woman"... 

I came to the same conclusion....

Edited by whitedj2002
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 2:10 PM, Cappybara said:

I’m really not too sure SCV is doing anything different than what Bloo has been doing since 2016 honestly. The prop use, the staging, dance breaks, high energy solos, jazz runs to sets. 

Maybe im just not seeing what everyone else is seeing. I love SCV’s show, but it’s for the music, not the visual program

I totally see that. I think there’s something to be said for being a more sophisticated version of the same thing ... I like Bloo, but their shows never give me much to think about, I’ve noticed. I don’t mean weighty themes — I mean visual ideas, how things flow, why the music is the way it is, why the impacts are where they are, why certain stylistic things happen. SCV’s show is knotty and weird. New sounds going on. Visual surprises. It may be drawing from the same well as Bloo, but I think they’re beating Bloo at their own game. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I get what you mean, maybe for both tempo and build even though it don't bother me, i think it's fine the way it is, but i also think it can improve a little afford with more time as much to sizzle up to a boil (Climax). But i would't say it's rushed, It don't feel rush to me personally, i would rather say give it little more time, it's really enjoyable.

Like making a good quiche?

• Like 1

High quality “multi cam” rehearsal video somewhere on the inter webs for those who are willing to look for it :whistle:

corps is looking polished, but haven’t noticed very many changes 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I totally see that. I think there’s something to be said for being a more sophisticated version of the same thing .

Bingo. Bluecoats dramatically changed the way corps use props and uniforming in 2016. Innovation at its best. SCV has refined it and made in more sophisticated.