Blue Devils 2018

Linking it here for those who are too lazy to look it up. Highly recommend you watch!!

• Like 2

There is SO much going on in BDs show the small details sometimes gets lost. The ending with the mimic of the painting is lost but the coverage at the St. Louis show showed that. It really looked like a very good imitation of the painting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Linking it here for those who are too lazy to look it up. Highly recommend you watch!!

Over/under how many people say in the San Antonio show thread tomorrow night that they don't understand BDs show, even though the Devils put out their 360 episodes week after week, year after year breaking down that year's show lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It is incredible that during the glass breaking portion (after the chorale) has no distinct counts!! That is absolutely incredible. All those sounds being made live means that the corps doing the choreography and the guard doing their tosses have to actually listen in very carefully since there will be small variations in the timings of those sounds each show. 

Now that’s the definition of hidden difficulty! 

Hopefully they have someone with a broom cleaning up any glass shards that may escape the tub they’re throwing cups in 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It is incredible that during the glass breaking portion (after the chorale) has no distinct counts!! That is absolutely incredible. All those sounds being made live means that the corps doing the choreography and the guard doing their tosses have to actually listen in very carefully since there will be small variations in the timings of those sounds each show. 

Now that’s the definition of hidden difficulty! 

Hopefully they have someone with a broom cleaning up any glass shards that may escape the tub they’re throwing cups in 

Pheww! really difficult show... so incredible impressive. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Over/under how many people say in the San Antonio show thread tomorrow night that they don't understand BDs show, even though the Devils put out their 360 episodes week after week, year after year breaking down that year's show lol.

Let’s be real, I doubt people understand much of the shows this year. The reason they get a pass is because they’re not called “Blue Devils” 

Does anyone actually understand what’s going on in SCV’s or Bloo’s show on first read? Highly doubt it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Let’s be real, I doubt people understand much of the shows this year. The reason they get a pass is because they’re not called “Blue Devils” 

Does anyone actually understand what’s going on in SCV’s or Bloo’s show on first read? Highly doubt it

Well let’s not get into this. It’s drum corps and you don’t need to understand what they are doing to see quality. Some hated BD from 2012 because “they didn’t get it”. To me that’s their problem. From the beginning I thought that show was genius. But that’s me. I didn’t get Crowns show in 2013 but they deserved to win. They were incredible. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Does anyone actually understand what’s going on in...r Bloo’s show on first read? Highly doubt it

Now be fair Doc.  

Most folks are in awe of the size of those chairs and are fearfully imagining the Giant Alien that is going to be sitting on them. :worthy:

• Haha 1

Uh oh. Debbie Torchia is the CG judge tonight. Get ready BD fans, you know what's coming.............

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

yeah thanks i will check it out. i did figure that part out looking closely over last weekend, the part where the guy coming from war and falls in love with the woman then there's a fight broke out over the women...  but i didn't know it was the smooth criminal who fights the soldier 

I think it would help if the Criminal had a bit of costume variation from the rest of the male guard. Really just a different shirt color would do it. Even during the video with the explanation, I still had trouble picking out which one was him from all the other fights going on. Maybe that will come as they continue refining. 

• Like 3