Blue Devils 2018

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Uh oh. Debbie Torchia is the CG judge tonight. Get ready BD fans, you know what's coming.............

I have bad memory. Is she the judge people think is too biased towards BD and scores them favorably?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Uh oh. Debbie Torchia is the CG judge tonight. Get ready BD fans, you know what's coming.............

Just point to the guard results from St. Louis and call it a day 

17 minutes ago, gabe211 said:

I have bad memory. Is she the judge people think is too biased towards BD and scores them favorably?

Yes, and the one who often scores Cavies guard lower than her peers

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gabe211 said:

Yea it's her. Although BD doesn't win every caption all the time she judges. 2016 Houston CG Caption comes to mind. Think she had Bloo over BD. There are other instances too. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Yea it's her. Although BD doesn't win every caption all the time she judges. 2016 Houston CG Caption comes to mind. Think she had Bloo over BD. There are other instances too. 

Lol.  The fact that you had to phrase that so carefully is just hilarious.  I think she's Scott's biggest fan.  

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Isn't it Debbie Torch Ya?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, karuna said:

Lol.  The fact that you had to phrase that so carefully is just hilarious.  I think she's Scott's biggest fan.  

In fairness, BD has a dominance in colorguard that not even Crown has in brass or SCV in percussion. 8 of the last 10 Zingali awards. When Torchia has them in first, it’s deserved 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, NakedEye said:

I think it would help if the Criminal had a bit of costume variation from the rest of the male guard. Really just a different shirt color would do it. Even during the video with the explanation, I still had trouble picking out which one was him from all the other fights going on. Maybe that will come as they continue refining. 

Yes i agree, i think the same thing too.. he really need defining. well i hope they give him some piece of clothing eventually.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

In fairness, BD has a dominance in colorguard that not even Crown has in brass or SCV in percussion. 8 of the last 10 Zingali awards. When Torchia has them in first, it’s deserved 

Ehhhh.... that's a bit of a stretch. BD's guard is often outstanding; however, Ms. Torchia should approach seeing BD without the preconceived notion of:

"ohh... well... BD has a dominance in colorguard that not even Crown...

She - and all judges - should approach every corps without some slant that is awarded a group who has won in the past. The past is PAST. Judge these corps based on TODAY'S performance, and let "8 of 10 Zingali awards" be ####. Those awards were given to a different corps. 

Frankly, when we as a community accept this "slanted" adjudication, we're spitting in the face of young men & women whose hard work is getting 4 place because... well... SORRY... you're not Ms. Torchia's favorite, and you haven't won in the past... or you aren't his/her friend or buddy in the BOA / WGI / etc.. world... so you get 4th.

PHEWWW. Okay. Deep breathe... I can't help but get on a soapbox when it comes to this topic!!!

Edited by BostonLUck

25 minutes ago, BostonLUck said:

Ehhhh.... that's a bit of a stretch. BD's guard is often outstanding; however, Ms. Torchia should approach seeing BD without the preconceived notion of:

"ohh... well... BD has a dominance in colorguard that not even Crown...

She - and all judges - should approach every corps without some slant that is awarded a group who has won in the past. The past is PAST. Judge these corps based on TODAY'S performance, and let "8 of 10 Zingali awards" be ####. Those awards were given to a different corps. 

Frankly, when we as a community accept this "slanted" adjudication, we're spitting in the face of young men & women whose hard work is getting 4 place because... well... SORRY... you're not Ms. Torchia's favorite, and you haven't won in the past... or you aren't his/her friend or buddy in the BOA / WGI / etc.. world... so you get 4th.

PHEWWW. Okay. Deep breathe... I can't help but get on a soapbox when it comes to this topic!!!

I get what you’re saying and I agree judges should judge without preconceived notions.. but I think I must’ve missed the part where Torchia apparently judges all 3 nights in Indianapolis. Unless you’re insinuating that all judges have unjustly put BD 1st in guard this past decade 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 3