Blue Devils 2018

Just now, cube said:

I would really like a demanding visual book please.

But wouldn't that be unfair? How to achieve much more than:

Vis Pro: 19.8  1st

Vis Analysis: 20 1st

CG: 19.6 1st

Gotta look beyond the BD winning fatigue you are suffering from.  No one moves and performs at such a high level.   Countless judges throughout the years agree.  Are they all missing something?  I don't think so.  

• Like 9

Just now, bgg80 said:

Gotta look beyond the BD winning fatigue you are suffering from.  No one moves and performs at such a high level.   Countless judges throughout the years agree.  Are they all missing something?  I don't think so.  

I think I might just be a fan of drill.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bgg80 said:

But they don't move and perform. They move OR perform.

• Like 1

Just now, bgg80 said:

All I can say is ... watch more closely? 

I did from Row 12 tonight. I flipping time it out with a stop watch. They do a brilliant job making it seem like they're doing more work than they are. 

• Like 1

Just now, bgg80 said:

Now I'm picturing the standing ovation after the ballad this evening, except for you in row 12 frowning, staring intently at your stopwatch.   Let's agree to disagree. You equate "more work" with playing and matching fast, as much as possible. I love the perfect blend of amazing sound, amazing movement and best-in-class overall performance.  The same judging community that awarded PR in 2008,  the Cadets in 2011, Crown in 2013 and Bluecoats in 2016, also awarded the Blue Devils in 2009/2010/2012/2014/2015/2017.  Excellence and innovation wins in this activity.  And that's a lot more than only playing pretty while marching drill.   Meanwhile, can't wait for 2018!

Your picture is incredibly accurate. I just want them to play SOMETHING technically demanding while moving.

• Like 1