Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

5 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I hope that Bloo continues to do their version of drum corps, and if their version is good enough to win the judges opinions than great. But I'll take a seating dancing toe tapping standing ovation audience screaming show again in 2018. Bring it on Bloo

In the end, the activity will have to adjust to Bluecoats and not the other way around. Crowd and marching member reactions require it. That's the way it's been since the beginning of the new scoring system and rightfully so. 

• Like 4

Let's start making show predictions. I feel it will definitely continue with the theme of  diverging and variating, like Tilt, Downside Up, and Jagged Line. 

• Like 2

I think it'll be something between the lines of Down Side Up and Kinetic Noise, taking a step back while still making another fan favorite, maybe even bringing back the old uniforms?

Maybe they  will add a new medium such as a pool...and their uniforms will be swimsuits.  They would definitely have to have the amps opposite end of the field though.

On August 13, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Cadevilina Crown said:

It probably won't happen, but I'd love to see the coats and helmets make a comeback.

DCP if it had existed in 1972: "Santa Clara should go back to their old satin top uniforms, and get rid of the stupid tunics." :whistle:

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

Maybe they  will add a new medium such as a pool...and their uniforms will be swimsuits.  

Nah, spare us.

Sam on the podium in a swim suit.  Might turn into a VK lifeguard station situation. Bleeehhh. :-p

• Like 1

13 hours ago, youraveragenoob said:

I think it'll be something between the lines of Down Side Up and Kinetic Noise, taking a step back while still making another fan favorite, maybe even bringing back the old uniforms?

The Hokey Pokey in 2018??

Like I said in another thread, Bloo doesn't need to change much in terms of their style. They just need to come out with a more achievable product. Jagged Line was fun, but it was also quite dirty because it was such a demanding product for the members to tackle. If they fix this (and I have a feeling they will), they'll be back on the medal stand in 2018.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, luv4corps said:

bingo bango bongo

There have been a LOT of similarities in current years.  Bloo out BDd BD this year and unfortunately it didn't work for them.  But didn't we all still love that show?

Some say Bloo does it their way, have "vision"... others say they somehow out BD'd  Blue Devils?  Imitation is flattery??  Perhaps an  Homage?  Obviously a 5th place show didn't achieve  results, unfortunate or not. Fosse didn't field  anything as high brow, as interesting and as brilliant storytelling as  felliniesque.  PERIOD.  The uniform comparisons to 2014BD  pale in comparison...  on and on. I wasn't fan of BLOO in years gone by. Since 2013 I've been impressed with the design team and direction, since Tilt I've looked forward to the contribution they bring to the activity. I look forward to seeing what this premier group brings, but the roar of the crowd is becoming a distracting din. Actually an embarrassment...Perspective, 1 title welcome to an elite group. Good Luck in 2018!