Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

12 hours ago, whitedj2002 said:

...but the roar of the crowd is becoming a distracting din. Actually an embarrassment...

200w.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, whitedj2002 said:

Some say Bloo does it their way, have "vision"... others say they somehow out BD'd  Blue Devils?  Imitation is flattery??  Perhaps an  Homage?  Obviously a 5th place show didn't achieve  results, unfortunate or not. Fosse didn't field  anything as high brow, as interesting and as brilliant storytelling as  felliniesque.  PERIOD.  The uniform comparisons to 2014BD  pale in comparison...  on and on. I wasn't fan of BLOO in years gone by. Since 2013 I've been impressed with the design team and direction, since Tilt I've looked forward to the contribution they bring to the activity. I look forward to seeing what this premier group brings, but the roar of the crowd is becoming a distracting din. Actually an embarrassment...Perspective, 1 title welcome to an elite group. Good Luck in 2018!

I think the Fosse/Felliniesque comparison is a fair one.  BD14 won, so obviously it was a superior show and received the credit it was due.  I don't think it takes away from BD one bit to compare Bloo to them.  It is a respectful knod to a corps that has pushed the activity for years.  There is also no question that recent Bloo has fielded some incredibly creative designs in their own right - beginning with Tilt.  If some of that inspiration came from BD, what is the harm in that?

Edited by luv4corps

3 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

200w.gif

I wanted to say 'an embarrassment to whom, exactly?' - but this pretty much says the same thing.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 9:26 PM, Cappybara said:

BD and Bloo are similar stylistically in some ways, and so I know it it possible to appear loose, relaxed, and confident without giving up precision. 

Huh? I don't see that at all. Very diverse styles IMHO. 

21 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Huh? I don't see that at all. Very diverse styles IMHO. 

yes Bloo's popular accessibility and BD's smug cerebral approach are not the same thing at all. :8_laughing:

This year BD was more accessible to the general public than most recent shows in this century and may be what the other poster was referencing. 

Just now, xandandl said:

yes Bloo's popular accessibility and BD's smug cerebral approach are not the same thing at all. :8_laughing:

This year BD was more accessible to the general public than most recent shows in this century and may be what the other poster was referencing. 

I was actually referencing 

1. The very relaxed and confident approach to performance that both corps have 

2. The jazz influence that both corps have leading to a more soprano weighted sound

3. The emphasis on individual performance 

4. The very modernistic style of show design 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

The only smugness I detect here is you. Master troll.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

The only smugness I detect here is you. Master troll.

I dunno..."we're going to perform Stan Kenton's City of Glass more times than Kenton ever did because concert audiences didn't get it for him but they definitely will for us" felt a shade bit smug, whether it was intended to be or not.

Well performed show, but...it is an entertainment activity.

• Like 1