Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

Bluecoats move Spring Training to Indiana Weslyan.  I will try and give a couple of updates on DCP when I make visits.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 2

Dang. I will probably only get to see them a couple of times in total instead of five times a week for ST.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Bluecoats move Spring Training to Indiana Weslyan.  I will try and give a couple of updates on DCP when I make visits.

I wish they were closer to, you know, Canton OH- but I am glad that they found a great facility for spring training.

On 8/29/2017 at 7:24 AM, MikeRapp said:

Purely from a design concept standpoint, and this is just me, it was a conceptual mismatch to do a Fosse show visually with ultra modern music. If you are going to do Fosse, do it 100%. 

I never understood the connection ther either.

Just a passing random comment. We're doing a play that uses movable bleacher units as props, so I thought of sending our props master a link to a video excerpt from Bluecoats' 2013 show. But on watching "To Look for America" again, while the music sounds tremendous, I find myself in agreement with something a friend told me on Labor Day of that year, after he had joined me for his first-ever DCA show: the Buccaneers did more with their ladders than the Bluecoats did with their bleachers. When he said it, I was skeptical, but especially in light of how much more Bluecoats did with their props in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, I now concede he was right.

But it sure sounded great! And I look forward to more of the inventiveness we've come to expect from them in recent years.

Edited slightly to clarify timing.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2

On 3/13/2018 at 8:29 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Quiet is the way Bloo likes it.

Unless it's on the field of competition. What they've got planned sounds like an exciting show.  ...and with those Thrower arrangements how can they go wrong?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Unless it's on the field of competition. What they've got planned sounds like an exciting show.  ...and with those Thrower arrangements how can they go wrong?

Personally, I think Doug Thrower is the most underrated arranger in DCI.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 2:20 PM, ftwdrummer said:

I dunno..."we're going to perform Stan Kenton's City of Glass more times than Kenton ever did because concert audiences didn't get it for him but they definitely will for us" felt a shade bit smug, whether it was intended to be or not.

Well performed show, but...it is an entertainment activity.

Entertainment is a relative term.