Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’m back in Columbus now ... almost exactly three hours from Marion. I got to see most of the opener (brass and percussion only ... the guard had a separate practice in the field house). All I can say is this is something we have never seen from Bluecoats before. The brass demand is off the charts and the percussion is nasty fierce. My estimation is talent in both these areas is way up from last year, and they are also ahead of where they were last year. I timed 4’37” of show on the field at the last run through, and I have it on good authority that there is another 23 seconds I didn’t see so the opener is a solid five minutes. Once again, no chop and bop. The musical ideas are fleshed out nicely. The opener is very aggressive in so many ways. I think I can safely say Bloo will be in the mix once again this year.

Total intrigue now. Thanks for the update....

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2018 at 4:04 PM, mingusmonk said:

You need the clean URL and not all of that tracking garbage behind it. If you paste the straight URL (delete everything including and after the question mark) , DCP should recognize and embed.

That will sound great when overblown through amps after being drenched with effects and a little of their famous keytar, thunderous goo, bubble machine, wailing girl sounds added to the mix

#realsignaturesound

#boardNOTbrass

5 hours ago, Forevergreen said:

Total intrigue now. Thanks for the update....

DITTO!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, cowtown said:

That will sound great when overblown through amps after being drenched with effects and a little of their famous keytar, thunderous goo, bubble machine, wailing girl sounds added to the mix

CAN'T WAIT!!!  especially for the wailing girl sounds.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’m back in Columbus now ... almost exactly three hours from Marion. I got to see most of the opener (brass and percussion only ... the guard had a separate practice in the field house). All I can say is this is something we have never seen from Bluecoats before. The brass demand is off the charts and the percussion is nasty fierce. My estimation is talent in both these areas is way up from last year, and they are also ahead of where they were last year. I timed 4’37” of show on the field at the last run through, and I have it on good authority that there is another 23 seconds I didn’t see so the opener is a solid five minutes. Once again, no chop and bop. The musical ideas are fleshed out nicely. The opener is very aggressive in so many ways. I think I can safely say Bloo will be in the mix once again this year.

Excellent!  

Did you and my pal @DrumManTx hook up? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Excellent!  

Did you and my pal @DrumManTx hook up? 

We did indeed! Really nice guy!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

The brass demand is off the charts and the percussion is nasty fierce.

It is indeed the hardest brass book by Bloo ever. We will see how it all comes together in August.

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 6