Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

5 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Oh and Bloo has a female snare this year !!!!!!!!!!!!

She was in Blue Knights and also Broken City. 

• Like 4

I'm super interested in how far the Bluecoats will go with this show. From some of the info I've heard/seen, it definitely has potential

39 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Once again, sitting in a Marion, IN pub getting ready for ensemble!

You'll get to see some of the closer tonight

• Like 3

Just found out Bloo and BAC will be rehearsing just 2.5 miles from each other when they come to Kansas City. I’m literally freaking out right now. That will be a day for the books. 

• Like 5

Two weeks ago I went to Marion, and now I have gone again. When Bloo had ST in Granville, I was able to watch how the corps changed day by day and was constantly amazed how much would change in just 24 hours. So take that and multiply it by 14! Holy cow! A very good opener has become a great opener. Staging is so much better. It is still aggressive and demanding and highly exposed but you can really see how it can grow and clean over the summer. And then there is what I haven’t seen yet ... “Dry Cleaner in Des Moines” blew me away! I think it will be a real show stopper. Bloo may have to have an intermission mid show so people can go to the souvie truck and buy the CD between acts. Things slow down for the ballad “Saro” and I only really saw the bare bones of it tonight. In the end, the final run though clocked in at 9 minutes and change. Then the corps was off to staging and I was off to Columbus.

I also had the pleasure of running into someone I marched with in Etobicoke Oakland Crusaders! He going to be a driver for Bloo! And of course I ran into our friend DrumManTX, but those slave drivers in Bloo had the audacity to put him to work during ensemble.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the update!  I can't wait to see it - especially the ballad - "Saro". I love the recording I heard it was based off of.

Edited by rmurrey74
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Two weeks ago I went to Marion, and now I have gone again. When Bloo had ST in Granville, I was able to watch how the corps changed day by day and was constantly amazed how much would change in just 24 hours. So take that and multiply it by 14! Holy cow! A very good opener has become a great opener. Staging is so much better. It is still aggressive and demanding and highly exposed but you can really see how it can grow and clean over the summer. And then there is what I haven’t seen yet ... “Dry Cleaner in Des Moines” blew me away! I think it will be a real show stopper. Bloo may have to have an intermission mid show so people can buy the CD between acts. Things slow down for the ballad “Soro” and I only really saw the bare bones of it tonight. In the end, the final run though clocked in at 9 minutes and change. Then the corps was off to staging and I was off to Columbus.

I also had the pleasure of running into a guy I marched with in Etobicoke Oakland Crusaders! He going to be a driver for Bloo! And of course I ran into our friend DrumManTX, but those slave drivers in Bloo had the audacity to put him to work during ensemble.

Yes..Dry Cleaner from Des Moines...is off the chart..every tine there was a re-set..the audience kept clapping when I was there.  So understandably so..

• Like 5