Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

I’m still waiting for an answer about Crowns Roach costume and who they’re suppose to be. With Bloo I know exactly what’s happening. 

You wore a skirt and I wore a silly giant hat.  I would have slapped on whatever they told me to wear.  So would have you.  

Be nice.  :inlove:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Yes. Hornline is very crisp and clean with a lot of difficult licks. Very impressive actually especially if they clean it up a lot more. 

I didn't believe they beat crown in brass last night but seeing admittedly bad videos of both I get it.

Bluecoats should get points for originality over Crown. So many of the same licks, arrangement concepts and staging for CC. I am not sure that Bluecoats will be my favorite this year but at least they went original yet again.

• Like 4

The Bluecoats have a very talented group of performers in 2018.  There is no question at all about that.  However, with this being said, I feel about the Bluecoats in 2018 the way I felt about Crown in 2017:

No bueno.

Crown ‘17 was built around a singer and with Bluecoats ‘18 it’s no different.  I have to be consistent and fair.  I don’t like either show.  If I want to hear singing I’ll turn on the radio.  “Bela and Bird in B Flat” is pretty awesome though so I’ll give the show designers props for pulling that difficult piece off.

If you’re into it, fine. I’m not.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The Bluecoats have a very talented group of performers in 2018.  There is no question at all about that.  However, with this being said, I feel about the Bluecoats in 2018 the way I felt about Crown in 2017:

No bueno.

Crown ‘17 was built around a singer and with Bluecoats ‘18 it’s no different.  I have to be consistent and fair.  I don’t like either show.  If I want to hear singing I’ll turn on the radio.  “Bela and Bird in B Flat” is pretty awesome though so I’ll give the show designers props for pulling that difficult piece off.

If you’re into it, fine. I’m not.

My first impression of Bluecoats is that they will score very well but may not be the fan favorite they have been. I do dig the costumes though 

• Like 2

I suspect Bluecoats will medal. Their show demands too much originality points. Not sure their staging and drill will be strong enough to compete for gold this go around. But they are going to be tough to beat for the Ott.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I suspect Bluecoats will medal. Their show demands too much originality points. Not sure their staging and drill will be strong enough to compete for gold this go around. But they are going to be tough to beat for the Ott.

They need to spend less time dragging those giant chairs around the field.

My read on Bluecoats, coming from an unauthorized YT video that may or may not still be posted, is that the show is killer good!  As with Tilt, Kinetic, Downside Up, and last year, I feel they are original and entertaining. That show has all kinds of upside as they tweak, clean, add, and layer. Some say it reminds them of 2009 BD but I do not really get that vibe. There are similarities.  BD, Bloo, and Crown have all done much with body work, character play, and staging over the years; and their is a cool factor to Bluecoats' music this year that does remind you of Blue Devils. But the show sounds and looks like Bloo.  Brass and percussion will be killer good as always, and the guard and visual program are excellent at this stage. Things will only get better.  I do feel they can organically work this show into what they need to make a run at a title.  Where they place...who knows? That comes down to cleaning and effective changes, but this is potentially a top 3 production no doubt. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

My read on Bluecoats, coming from an unauthorized YT video that may or may not still be posted, is that the show is killer good!  As with Tilt, Kinetic, Downside Up, and last year, I feel they are original and entertaining. That show has all kinds of upside as they tweak, clean, add, and layer. Some say it reminds them of 2009 BD but I do not really get that vibe. There are similarities.  BD, Bloo, and Crown have all done much with body work, character play, and staging over the years; and their is a cool factor to Bluecoats' music this year that does remind you of Blue Devils. But the show sounds and looks like Bloo.  Brass and percussion will be killer good as always, and the guard and visual program are excellent at this stage. Things will only get better.  I do feel they can organically work this show into what they need to make a run at a title.  Where they place...who knows? That comes down to cleaning and effective changes, but this is potentially a top 3 production no doubt. 

Edited by Forevergreen
  • Like 1