Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

15 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Oh yeah, guard got their production flags tonight. Percussion also got their wraps (dark purple).

That's good to hear! Looking forward to seeing them tomorrow!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, superOOk said:

I livestreamed rehearsal for the alumni. I'll see if I can get you a peek. ;)

i would love to also get a peek if thats possible.

copy-pasting my post from the prediction thread:

i have to make an apology. i had the bluecoats 6th going in... this was maybe my worst prediction in anything ever. i had no idea that session 44 would turn out to be maybe the most well-put together complete packages in a program i've seen. it's impossible for me to not smile at any point during the show, the performers are already killing it, and the visual/musical package is breathtaking, saro and the closer especially. i cannot wait to see where this program goes, and cannot wait to see it live in august. i have to say my favorite moment for the time being takes place in the growth toward the climax of saro when the lead trumpets carry their chairs over to right in front of samuel, sit down in them, and play a rushing line that leads into a beautiful high note that cuts through the rest of the sound in the most perfect way. i love this show. i think it'll end up being the highest placing show to not come out of california - that being 3rd behind vanguard and blue devils in some order.

• Like 5

I wouldn't say that SCV and BD will beat them just yet, watching all the shows on YT I think Bloo has the most well designed product I've seen so far. I haven't had to say this in the last few years but I think the Bloo battery is leaving some points on the field while the hornline is spectacular, and possibly the best so far at this point. Let's keep watching and see what happens :)

Edited by NCWVUFAN
spelling
  • Like 2

Just listened to a bootleg, the vocalist is indeed very good and not disruptive at all in implementation!

Can't say I'm a big fan of this show musically compared to the past few years (especially last year), but might be something that needs to grow on me

• Like 3

Great win for the CoolBloo, keep them coming

• Like 2

Bloooooooooooo! 2-0! Nice to see the spread opening up a bit!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4

it's at the point now for me where the Bluecoats are so good that they're making it less fun to watch the other groups lol. this already has surpassed anything the corps has done in recent years for me and it certainly could end up being an all timer with the right changes. for example, i got a couple beefs with olivia. first, the balance isn't consistently on point with the ensemble, and i understand that's a june problem more than anything else. second, i'm not a huge fan of how she's dressed or her makeup. i think it would be much more fitting to have her hair down, personally, and with much less eye shadow. she can work on the visual aspect of her performing a lot too and that's another thing that i don't doubt will come with more time. she sings wonderfully by all accounts though. there are a ton of opportunities for the body movements of the hornline (horn line??) to really seal some deals in terms of the difference between corps x and corps y. i hope they can do a better job of cleaning body than they did last year, i thought that opening dance sequence was very dirty even finals weekend. however, this group has already proven that they aren't last year's Bluecoats. love this show. really. like a lot.

• Like 4