Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

The music is taking her places she can feel. It’s sort of the spirit of jazz, it has a transcendent quality for the performers and listeners alike.

That’s what I get out of it too; that the focus is the singer flying in a chair with the music, not the members lifting her up. It’s a terrific moment.

1 minute ago, Jake W. said:

That’s what I get out of it too; that the focus is the singer flying in a chair with the music, not the members lifting her up. It’s a terrific moment.

It's a dream; she is dreaming until the very end of the show; when her dream becomes real and she finds herself in reality. She's made it.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

It's a dream; she is dreaming until the very end of the show; when her dream becomes real and she finds herself in reality. She's made it.

You win!   

and one of the things I find cool is, until you've seen the show, you don't know she's the singer :-)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

ok -- I can buy that -- 

I do get a sense of being torn away or forced to go against her will -- 

34 minutes ago, tedrick said:

ok -- I can buy that -- 

I do get a sense of being torn away or forced to go against her will -- 

I, too, see her as a bit reluctant in the beginning, and needing a bit of a push to get to the stage and sing, which she does and does she ever.  Complete confidence by the end of the show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

I believe this is/was the intended storyline. :)

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jast45 said:

Yes i agree. The first part is her dream, an anxiety dream of performing, hence the big surreal chairs. Plus if you watch her in the first movement she doesnt sing but acts out lots of fearful expressions and nerve. The music also is full of tension and is discordant. The 2nd part is the build up to actually performing, the feeling of just taking a risk, getting over fear and going for it. The song she sings is of gambling, taking a chance, going for it. They then carry her back to where she started and she performs God Bless the Child which she only imagined in the beginning. And then out come the real chairs, the real ones, ones everyone can sit in, not the big ones of her dream. And the music soars and is stunning, and her performance shines. The last part seems to me to be the exhilaration one feels after a great performance. 

I love this. :inlove:

• Like 4