Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

27 minutes ago, tedrick said:

so if the corps could have this type of show synopsis somewhere where fans can find it while at a show it would really help --

Paging 1981 Phantom Regiment...librettos needed!

On 7/9/2018 at 7:55 AM, MikeRapp said:

At the risk of pissing off some old-timers here, just remember that as we get closer to a 100 score, the margins between placements will shrink. It is the nature of the scoring system. You have to look at the gaps relative to what is remaining. In this respect, a one point gap between two groups scoring in the high 80s has approx twice the weight has a one point gap between groups the scoring in the low 70s.

That's a really good point. 

22 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

It's a dream; she is dreaming until the very end of the show; when her dream becomes real and she finds herself in reality. She's made it.

When it becomes real will she say "I wish"?

• Haha 2

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DanjrusMcRynky said:

Just watching through shows on the site that shall not be named. This year is Bluecoats' to lose at the moment. 

I hope so.  I'm not sure when we will see Bloo match up to SCV.  I know they will meet up with Devils soon... but the Devils are a few shows removed from Vanguard now.  So even if Bloo pulls off a win against BD, it won't be terribly definitive.  SCV is pulling lone contender numbers and margins now.  We'll see. Fingers crossed, but if a corps leads in 4 or more captions against the field, they will be better off.

Edited by cfirwin3

3 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I hope so.  I'm not sure when we will see Bloo match up to SCV.  I know they will meet up with Devils soon... but the Devils are a few shows removed from Vanguard now.  So even if Bloo pulls of a win against BD, it won't be terribly definitive.  SCV is pulling lone contender numbers and margins now.  We'll see. Fingers crossed, but if a corps leads in 4 or more captions against the field, they will be better off.

Broken Arrow 7/17

Honestly, I am a little concerned about losing ground to BAC after a couple of rehearsal days ... maybe adding the new ending in rehearsals but not for competitions yet?