Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Honestly, I am a little concerned about losing ground to BAC after a couple of rehearsal days ... maybe adding the new ending in rehearsals but not for competitions yet?

The visual and guard numbers are alarming.

Percussion was a known factor... but not those others.  Boston has done this twice now in guard, I think.

I wouldn't be surprised to see SCV run away with this as a stand out in all captions while the rest trade.

I was at the Drums Across America show last night. Bloo's show is very impressive. The use of the giant chairs was very effective and they have done what I never thought I'd say: I look forward to the singing  :smile: She does a fantastic job, and the corp blends *perfectly* with her. Just a hat tip all around for how they pull that off.

BAC's guard is very, very good. To me, the past several years, Bloo has SO MUCH going on at the same time, guard doesn't stand out as much.  I did notice some impressive moments from Bloo's guard, but BAC seems a little more exposed. Rifles were flying around non-stop. I am far from an expert in that area.

Great shows from both corps, and really all the kids from every corp. So, we are all winners in a way.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Percussion was a known factor... but not those others.  Boston has done this twice now in guard, I think.

I wouldn't be surprised to see SCV run away with this as a stand out in all captions while the rest trade.

As long as Blue Devils are in existence, no one will ever "run away". They have to claw the titles out of BD's grasp ever year. But I get your point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Year-two with Townsend in Boston, not exactly a shock in the guard caption.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Honestly, I am a little concerned about losing ground to BAC after a couple of rehearsal days ... maybe adding the new ending in rehearsals but not for competitions yet?

No one is losing ground to BAC. BAC is simply surging on their own. Props to them, not a big fan of their show (or really any of their shows since 2014 for that matter..) but they’re performing it well

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Ya think? There are a TON of great performances out there and its going to be tight. 

We'll see after this weekend when BD and Bluecoats come head-to-head. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCIDADDIO said:

True...but my focus is more on Oklahoma where several HEAVY HITTERS will be in attendance. 

Only SCV and BK are the only Top 12 from last year not at St. Louis. 

Broken Arrow will not have Crown, Cadets, Blue Stars, Scouts, Crossmen, and Mandarins.

Seems like St. Louis has more of a "Heavy Hitters" lineup.