Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

Just now, Corpfan said:

Need some help please.  We have an opportunity to catch a Bloo rehearsal day in Little Rock. I know this has been discussed and sorry for the repeat but I don’t remember the answer. Does Bloo have an open rehearsal policy?

Yes, but you have to bring Sam (the drum major) a bag of swedish fish

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Corpfan said:

Need some help please.  We have an opportunity to catch a Bloo rehearsal day in Little Rock. I know this has been discussed and sorry for the repeat but I don’t remember the answer. Does Bloo have an open rehearsal policy?

Affirmative. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

As a performance major and musician the message behind this show really resonates with me and the way the members are interpreting that and communicating it is pretty special.  Awesome stuff.  

As Gru would say, "Light. Bulb."

It just clicked for me, watching this video. For those of us that still have that "You have been to zero rehearsals and have no idea what you are doing, but you are being thrown into the drill for your first show" dream -- this Bloo show is a jazz singer's version of that dream!

It all makes perfect sense now.

(I now need to go through the SCV and Mandarins threads to see if there are similar insights).

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

As Gru would say, "Light. Bulb."

It just clicked for me, watching this video. For those of us that still have that "You have been to zero rehearsals and have no idea what you are doing, but you are being thrown into the drill for your first show" dream -- this Bloo show is a jazz singer's version of that dream!

It all makes perfect sense now.

(I now need to go through the SCV and Mandarins threads to see if there are similar insights).

Mandarins is "that dream" as well, only after a night of spicy Mexican food and heavy tequila drinking.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

As a performance major and musician the message behind this show really resonates with me and the way the members are interpreting that and communicating it is pretty special.  Awesome stuff.  

This is a great explanation of the show and seems so easy to see. The great thing about this show is that you don’t even need to know the storyline to enjoy it ... but it does give that extra dimension.

• Like 4

Was it just me- or was that a really rough run?? Tonight the energy just seemed off- maybe it was Flo but the dynamics weren't as nuanced especially in the louder sections, several soloist issues (brass related), some disconnect with the bass drums and front ensemble at the beginning... Just one performance but still curious to see what others thought (watching DCI Midwest) 

1 hour ago, mfrontz47 said:

Was it just me- or was that a really rough run?? Tonight the energy just seemed off- maybe it was Flo but the dynamics weren't as nuanced especially in the louder sections, several soloist issues (brass related), some disconnect with the bass drums and front ensemble at the beginning... Just one performance but still curious to see what others thought (watching DCI Midwest) 

I thought it was a little off.