Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

If you’re thinking of a color to cheer for, Go Bloooooooooooo!

• Like 2

#BlooForceOne is scheduled to depart Cleveland on Saturday morning and return Sunday night. We still have seats left on both legs if anyone wants to join along. Msg me for details!

6 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

If you love 'em stand and scream BLOOOOOO really loud when they take the field.

If you're a hater....stand and scream Booooooo really loud when they take the field.

INGENIOUS :tongue:

There are similar opportunities for anyone wishing to call for a revolution, for lovers of water droplets, for computer programmers, for fans of low synth, for kindred followers of Judaism, for British fans desirous of intermission, for cows, for modernists, for Friends learning of jellyfish incidents, for fans of Winnie or his pal, for litigators, for owls, and for animal lovers.

18 minutes ago, skevinp said:

There are similar opportunities for anyone wishing to call for a revolution, for lovers of water droplets, for computer programmers, for fans of low synth, for kindred followers of Judaism, for British fans desirous of intermission, for cows, for modernists, for Friends learning of jellyfish incidents, for fans of Winnie or his pal, for litigators, for owls, and for animal lovers.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jp

• Like 1

I have to say, when Bluecoats did Tilt I was genuinely worried that they would fall back into the middle of the pack. I didn't see how they could follow that up with something better, which is what it takes to maintain momentum in this activity.

Well, they followed that up with something entirely different and ground breaking. And I wondered if they were wandering into gimmicks they couldn't sustain.

Then they followed THAT up with a gold medal show that literally rewrote the book on show design for drum corps.

And then did something similar but equally daring and interesting the following year.

This year, when I first saw Session 44, I was surprised, and not so much in a good way. I was so excited for a jazz show, and thrilled it was coming from Bluecoats. Session 44, though, was a slow burn. It wasn't Tilt, or Kinetic Noise, much less DSU or Jagged Line. I was disappointed to have to accept that this might be a down year for Bluecoats. But the more I watched the show, the more I got it, the more I realized the magic of the design. After the conundrum of Crown's vocalist-focused show last year, Bluecoats took the ball and totally ran with it in a way that most feel was the best use of a singer in DCI history. It's the best example of jazz in "band" put on the field since BD did it too long ago. 

So we approach finals again, and again I am worried what will come next season. How can they follow THIS up with something even better? I can tell you that if I were a show designer, this is the team I'd want to work with. Because they are so capable of flushing last season and starting over with a blank page...and building again. The activity is different today because of Bluecoats. SCV is different, Crown is different, and I suggest even BD is different. Boston is definitely different. Cavaliers got their mojo back to some degree by seeing what Bluecoats accomplished by simply throwing away the past and starting from scratch.

I predict that next year will be the single most competitive, most creative season in DCI history. Cadets will finally be back, and Crown will come back with a killer program that will put them back into the medal discussions. Boston will be in the top six from the start of the season. SCV will likely be the reigning DCI champ. And of course, BD will reload and be BD.

And the Coats will be cooking up something new that will again change the way we see this activity. 

My hope is that Flo gets it together in the offseason, because 2019 is going to be the single most unforgettable year of design in DCI history.

• Like 8