Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

first time on here in awhile, come to see what's up with scv, and instantly find an adolescent dig at BD. 

how is that even possible?

all the talk about 12/25 made me think of not the nutcracker, so i'm going to go ahead and pop that in. 

can't wait to see scv's 2018 rep. 

17 hours ago, xandandl said:

after Phantom Regiment played it in 74,

Corpsreps,com and its new name change only lists it in 78.

I didn't go back that far for other corps since Cappybara's parents might not even have been a twinkle that long ago.

P.S. I don't ever remember the Boston/Florida homers reminding us that BAC brought Bernstein's Mass to the field almost ten years before Garfield. According to corpsreps,com new site name, BAC played Kyrie back in 1974. But was that before BAC started going to DCI champs?  I had to sit out part of '74 so my memory is a bit sketchy of that season and next.

BAC played Festive Overture or parts of it in both 77 & 78 and they played Simple Song and Kyrie in 76 or 77.  BAC did go to Nationals in 74 in Ithaca with a small contingent, then with a larger corps in 75 to Philly

On 9/16/2017 at 6:40 PM, flammaster said:

I think they are going to win in 2018

I don't thinks so. Unfortunately history is not kind to SCV in the past 20 yrs. Example...tie in 1999. 4th in 2000. 3rd in 2004. 8th in 2005. Great year this year but I don't know if they have IT to move into the the top spot. Beat BD and you're CHAMPS. Last time SCV beat BD..yeah......early 2007.

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

BAC played Festive Overture or parts of it in both 77 & 78 and they played Simple Song and Kyrie in 76 or 77.  BAC did go to Nationals in 74 in Ithaca with a small contingent, then with a larger corps in 75 to Philly

Yesterday my eyesight and typing were not what they should have been and are now being treated or corrected such as 2010 not 12; 76 not 74.

Here's what corpsreps/dcx site posts. 

1976 Coronation March * Love's Theme * Simple Song (from Bernstein's Mass) * Kyrie (from Bernstein's Mass) * Hatikvah (Israeli National Anthem) * Hava Nagila * Sabre Dance * When Will I See You Again * Conquest (from Captain From Castile)  
1977 Fifth Symphony * Coronation March * Samba de Harps * Spanish Fantasy * Hava Nagila * Conquest (from Captain From Castile)  
1978 Finale from the Fifth Symphony in E Flat * Festive Overture * Hatikvah (Israeli National Anthem) * Hava Nagila * Spanish Fantasy * Threshold * Conquest (from Captain From Castile)  

On 9/20/2017 at 4:50 PM, xandandl said:

Boston played Kyrie back in 1974. .

Boston will play Kyrie in 2018 too. But I don't think its the unit nor the Kyrie you're referring too.... haha!

Edited by BRASSO

Exciting to see that Gaines was named drill writer for 2018. I like Pete Weber's drills, and wish him well with focusing on his family, but I do like a Gaines drill. The post linked below shows - 

Michael Gaines, Creative Director & Drill Designer  *NEW ROLE IN 2018*
Scott Koter, Program Coordinator
Denise Bonfiglio, Advisor
Andy Toth, Visual Program Coordinator
Adam Sage, Consultant
Paul Rennick, Percussion Arranger
Sandi Rennick, Percussion Arranger
JD Shaw, Brass Arranger
Bart Woodley, Consultant *NEW ADDITION IN 2018*
Michael Rosales, Lead Choreographer *NEW ADDITION IN 2018*

https://www.scvanguard.org/2018-scv-design-staff/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RickCogley said:

Exciting to see that Gaines was named drill writer for 2018. I like Pete Weber's drills, and wish him well with focusing on his family, but I do like a Gaines drill.

Super cool news!  Gaines's drill is instantly recognizable, and I can't wait to see how SCV matches the music to the visuals. 

Mike

1 minute ago, MikeN said:

Super cool news!  Gaines's drill is instantly recognizable, and I can't wait to see how SCV matches the music to the visuals. 

Mike

Just wondering out loud.  Even though SCV has lately become Rosemont West or Illinois West (if one also counts the Regiment renegades and instructors)...as corps look to develop new personalitiies and approaches, might Michael Gaines also try new approaches to visuals rather than re-produce mini-Cavaliers in California?  His Japanese attempts have not been Green Machine clones at all.

41 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think SCV has the 2nd best team in the country now, no doubt. 

What a California bias you have. It will be so sad when the Big One comes and they're on the wrong side of the San Andreas Fault....    ...sooner or later.

• Like 1