Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

not as big a fan of gaines as i am of webber. 

gaines is amazing, but the way webber visualizes complex musical phrases is mind-blowing.  gaines is the master of taking saucedo-type music, and maximizing it visually, so this will be very interesting. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lance said:

gaines is amazing, but the way webber visualizes complex musical phrases is mind-blowing.  gaines is the master of taking saucedo-type music, and maximizing it visually, so this will be very interesting. 

I agree with you

I for one am super pumped to see a Gaines drill book back in DCI.

Double pumped that it'll be SCV marching it. Such a perfect fit in 2018.

Edited by jeffmolnar
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lance said:

I love both, but Gaines is THE drill master of this generation, imho.  Whatever the genre, WGI, DCI, BOA, or local circuits; he is so musical, uses space so well, and places people where they need to be when they need to be at the highest level.  Yay! More Gaines in DCI is going to be so AWESOME.

Hopefully, Weber comes back really soon.

Gaines drill will be more practical in terms of cleaning and readability.  Weber has always trended closer to the Rosander school of "holy crap is that cool but how to clean it."

About 10 years ago my dream team would have been Regiments music with Cavies visuals and now it’s here! Curious how it holds up and plays out and where DCI sheets are at now and how they work them and what that means for my enjoyment

Here’s hoping

32 minutes ago, cowtown said:

About 10 years ago my dream team would have been Regiments music with Cavies visuals and now it’s here! Curious how it holds up and plays out and where DCI sheets are at now and how they work them and what that means for my enjoyment

Here’s hoping

If you think you're going to get a product resembling 10 or further back you might be disappointed

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, xandandl said:

Based on past performance^, are we to presume that Vanguard will be the first to have one of these on tour?

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/tesla-unveils-vision-future-trucking-043300032.html

Ten plus years ago there was a tv series about transportation ideas for the future being desinged then.  A well known Italian designer of cars was working on trucks.  He felt the large trucks were so inefficient.  The prototypes he was working on were unbelievable.

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Ten plus years ago there was a tv series about transportation ideas for the future being desinged then.  A well known Italian designer of cars was working on trucks.  He felt the large trucks were so inefficient.  The prototypes he was working on were unbelievable.

no, Italian Godfathers are BD not SCV. :-p