Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

14 hours ago, NeutralNovice said:

Ah thanks for pointing out the correct phenomenon!  I knew there was one regarding what I was going through but I definitely didn't know the name.  How did your class like Ouroboros?

Actually meant we were discussing that phenomenom itself.   But we’ve talked Ouroboros before and it was a positive consensus.  

:)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I hear April Camp was great and the music is aggressive. Can't wait for the show announcement. Move ins are just around the corner. Go SCV! 

• Like 3

Paul Rennick uploaded a percussion recording of the full 2017 show. Great, great writing, performance and videography. Check it out: 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, RickCogley said:

I hear April Camp was great and the music is aggressive. Can't wait for the show announcement. Move ins are just around the corner. Go SCV! 

Good stuff! Interesting to hear the music is aggressive - last year definitely had that vibe (especially so after 2016) so will be interesting to see how the shows compare. I heard from a staffer that they will announce the show 2 weeks from today. The countdown begins!!

• Like 1

They've been so quiet this offseason, it leads me to believe that they are going to come out swinging and firing on all cylinders.  I think SCV likes being under the radar, and with the success of last season, Gaines doing the drill and this design team, the sky's the limit.  I'd expect a really different and interesting show this season. Vanguard got their name for a reason, after all..

Corps wise, with the defending championship percussion and guard units, along with brass that should be ready to compete at the top, I think they have a real shot to push for the Championship in 2018. I too am excited to see the announcement and check out the music!!

• Like 2

On 5/4/2018 at 5:05 PM, trumpetcam said:

They've been so quiet this offseason, it leads me to believe that they are going to come out swinging and firing on all cylinders.  I think SCV likes being under the radar, and with the success of last season, Gaines doing the drill and this design team, the sky's the limit.  I'd expect a really different and interesting show this season. Vanguard got their name for a reason, after all..

Corps wise, with the defending championship percussion and guard units, along with brass that should be ready to compete at the top, I think they have a real shot to push for the Championship in 2018. I too am excited to see the announcement and check out the music!!

Gaines is not actually doing the drill, correct?

6 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Gaines is not actually doing the drill, correct?

That was the case last year, he is for 2018 though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tesmusic said:

That was the case last year, he is for 2018 though.

We are in for a treat!

• Like 1

Oh wow, I had no idea that Gaines was doing the drill this year. Well....that got my ears raised like a German Shepard! His work with Cavies during his tenure was unbelievable and Vanguard will definitely benefit from it this year. Can't wait to see them!