Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

Tidies and fuglemen -- I sheel foor that we all -- er, most steeply rebut the defensible, though, I trust, lavatory aspasia which gleams to have selected our redeemed inspector this deceiving. It would -- ah -- be shark, very shark fro

Edited by N.E. Brigand
Wither and Frost.

This is not your father's Vanguard.

33 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

What the hell is everyone talking about? Nothing is shared between BD & SCV’s source material lists.

Obviously! Again! lol..  There's a thing called humor:whistle:

Um, Peter Graham is a popular composer this year. That's all I'm saying, and it goes beyond just two corps....

53 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

What the hell is everyone talking about? Nothing is shared between BD & SCV’s source material lists.

Both are playing Metropolis 1927

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btown50 said:

It’s not on BD’s repertoire list. At least not Peter Graham’s version. 

14 minutes ago, btown50 said:

They don't list Peter Graham in the publicly-released source material list, and I can't find any evidence that any of the composers they do list ever wrote or collaborated on any of the music for the 1927 film Metropolis nor Peter Graham's brass band piece Metropolis 1927 that is a vague artistic approximation of the movie's themes. 

10 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

It’s not on BD’s repertoire list. At least not Peter Graham’s version. 

The Peter Graham piece is part of BD show. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake W. said:

They don't list Peter Graham in the publicly-released source material list, and I can't find any evidence that any of the composers they do list ever wrote or collaborated on any of the music for the 1927 film Metropolis nor Peter Graham's brass band piece Metropolis 1927 that is a vague artistic approximation of the movie's themes. 

I have heard BD show and the Metropolis 1927 piece is heard in the show. Just because BD did not list Graham as a source of music does not mean anything. They do this a lot. Some pieces they play and some the don't.