Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

1 hour ago, johnpendell said:

Uhhh... trap music? I’ve lost interest

If they could pull off hip-hop in 2001 and drum ‘n’ bass in 2008, they can certainly pull off trap. SCV is a corps without musical borders, I’ve learned.

7 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

If they could pull off hip-hop in 2001 and drum ‘n’ bass in 2008, they can certainly pull off trap. SCV is a corps without musical borders, I’ve learned.

I suppose I’ll reserve ultimate judgement until I hear it however... pop culture references in drum corps like BD did in 15/16 has never really been my cup of tea. *shrugs*

• Like 3

For those that don't know- SCV will not be going to rehearse at Sierra High school in Aubury California (not too far from Fresno/Clovis) as they have for the last few years. THey will instead be rehearsing at Sanger high leading up to the Clovis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnpendell said:

Uhhh... trap music? I’ve lost interest

If you’re refering to Club Sound, that’s not trap music. I’d probably classify it as dubstep. I doubt any corps will ever touch real trap music. Not that that’s a bad thing.

53 minutes ago, crownisking said:

If you’re refering to Club Sound, that’s not trap music. I’d probably classify it as dubstep. I doubt any corps will ever touch real trap music. Not that that’s a bad thing.

Maybe, they’re both relatively similar. If you look up Harlem shake by baauer it’s pretty much the same style. But yeah, tomato tomahto 

8 hours ago, corps8294 said:

D**n, I'm getting old. I just had to look up "Trap Music." Gave it a listen...seems like there could be a lot of "thunderous goo" utilized in the show. 

Don't feel so bad. I thought maybe they were referring to music from the von Trapp family of music.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

got to talk to a member today...called family all at a graduation party! They are having a great time, love the show, but misses Tasty Kakes! I guess Oregon doesn't have them!