Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

On 6/1/2018 at 8:45 PM, crownisking said:

If you’re refering to Club Sound, that’s not trap music. I’d probably classify it as dubstep. I doubt any corps will ever touch real trap music. Not that that’s a bad thing.

I wouldn't call Club Sound dubstep. It's very much classic '00 trap vibes and heavy 808s. Gent & Jawns practically defined the genre.

Edited by dcsnare93

1 hour ago, dcsnare93 said:

I wouldn't call Club Sound dubstep. It's very much classic '00 trap vibes and heavy 808s. Gent & Jawns practically defined the genre.

I learned something new today. 

• Like 1

Boy, it sure is silent on the SCV front for a team that came in 2nd last season.. I'm sure they LOVE quietly building another program to knock our socks off while many count them out behind the mighty BEAST, the new darlings from Boston, and BD. Considering what they've been building for several years now, I would not be surprised to see them take another step and win it all in 2018. We are a fickle bunch here on DCP, and seemingly the lack of videos and media has caused many to doubt their potential or forget about them in the mix. I think Rosemont and Santa Clara could really upset the "usual applecart" this season. Curious to see how everyone starts in 3 weeks!!

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 6

I expect SCV to win this year.  Last year they had the champion percussion section and the champion guard and now perhaps the best drill writer too.

I too think it's funny that very few people seem to be counting them as potential champions, as though last year was a fluke.  I guess we will find out in a few week's time!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 9:59 PM, trumpetcam said:

Boy, it sure is silent on the SCV front for a team that came in 2nd last season.. I'm sure they LOVE quietly building another program to knock our socks off while many count them out behind the mighty BEAST, the new darlings from Boston, and BD. Considering what they've been building for several years now, I would not be surprised to see them take another step and win it all in 2018. We are a fickle bunch here on DCP, and seemingly the lack of videos and media has caused many to doubt their potential or forget about them in the mix. I think Rosemont and Santa Clara could really upset the "usual applecart" this season. Curious to see how everyone starts in 3 weeks!!

I’m not sure I’ve seen a single person put Boston ahead of SCV or forget about SCV or doubt them. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, blakman7 said:

Is today the day that Vanguard is having their public standstill preview?

Had a friend who drove over from Medford for the preview. They did about 5:00 minutes of the show and then a standstill performance for a large turnout crowd. No audio or video, but evidently props are super cool and the whole corps is very strong. He said percussion is outstanding as usual, guard is great, but that the hornline is on a totally different level this year. Said the show was super exciting and each tune was very unique, right up Vanguard's alley. Just makes me look more forward to seeing them later in the season!

• Like 9

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, KPinCAL said:

For those that don't know- SCV will not be going to rehearse at Sierra High school in Aubury California (not too far from Fresno/Clovis) as they have for the last few years. THey will instead be rehearsing at Sanger high leading up to the Clovis. 

Clovis in the house!

If I may chime in, my son (5th year in DCI) was involved in the A-Corps’ callback auditions earlier this year (five of the SCVC MMs were invited) and has been around the A corps for various functions during spring with VC. Last week we met in So Cal for lunch where we “talked shop” and he said, “I thought I’d heard it all when it came to ‘Stupid Hard Mello Parts from He!!’, then at camp...well, they’re from Below He!! this year.” 

• Haha 3