Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

11 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

BD and Vanguard have always been open to observers.

I don't know if Vanguard posts their daily schedule anywhere, but you can stop by and watch -- of course, they just ask no recording.

I think BD and SCV have the friendliest alumni towards each other. I think each organization would do anything in their power to save the other should there ever be the need.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone.  I actually did tweet them last night and they replied right away.   Stopping at IN N OUT for lunch right now in Medford, Or and should be in Weed in an hour or so.   Can’t wait!  

Trying to decide now if I am going to BD family day tomorrow night.  Since I’ll be close and they aren’t coming to Oregon this year.....  hmmmmmmmm 

7 minutes ago, PJinPDX said:

Thanks everyone.  I actually did tweet them last night and they replied right away.   Stopping at IN N OUT for lunch right now in Medford, Or and should be in Weed in an hour or so.   Can’t wait!  

Trying to decide now if I am going to BD family day tomorrow night.  Since I’ll be close and they aren’t coming to Oregon this year.....  hmmmmmmmm 

Awesome. Let us know how it goes!

Also, if you're able, I'd suggest going to BD's Family Day. It's one of the best days of the entire season, and BDC is always a treat!

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Thanks 1

Wow.  Just wow.  It was great to see the 2018 DCI Champions in pre-season training.    Just some general thoughts so I don’t share things I’m not supposed to.  

1... I just kept smiling. The show checks all the boxes for me.   

2...the cymbal line gives me life. 

3...I am not a drummer.  At all.  But the battery moves very well.  Sound very clean (to me).  Exudes power and energy.    

4...staging.  I want to see this in uniform.  With show flags. And all the other bells and whistles. July 7th can’t get here soon enough. Even without all that, I bought what the show announcement was selling All the programmed moments make so much sense and just flow within the music rather than feeling like a forced staging for the sake of just having the moment  

5...the power behind the horn line is freightening.  The delicate moments pull you in.   And as a low brass player, I was enthralled by the Mello line. Didn’t see that coming. Hahahahaha.      

And The ballad  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

There are a whole bunch more fun and exciting and surprising and unexpected  things happening in this show   But I don’t feel it’s my place to share the details

If you get a chance, go see them!!!!!   I held my breath the last 3 minutes of the show   

Thanks to the corps and the volunteers and all involved for their hospitality and warm welcomes    

If this is the direction the corps keep moving, the future will be golden for many years to come   

I did buy a ticket for BD Family Day tomorrow night.  So it will be nice to see BD since they aren’t coming up the PNW way this year.    

Edited by PJinPDX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, PJinPDX said:

Wow.  Just wow.  It was great to see the 2018 DCI Champions in pre-season training.    Just some general thoughts so I don’t share things I’m not supposed to.  

3...I am not a drummer.  At all.  But the battery moves very well.  Sound very clean (to me).  Exudes power and energy.    

4...staging.  I want to see this in uniform.  With show flags. And all the other bells and whistles. July 7th can’t get here soon enough. Even without all that, I bought what the show announcement was selling All the programmed moments make so much sense and just flow within the music rather than feeling like a forced staging for the sake of just having the moment  

5...the power behind the horn line is freighting.  The delicate moments pull you in.   And as a low brass player, I was enthralled by the Mello line. Didn’t see that coming. Hahahahaha.      

There are a whole bunch more fun and exciting and surprising and unexpected  things happening in this show   But I don’t feel it’s my place to share the details

If you get a chance, go see them!!!!!   I held my breath the last 3 minutes of the show   

Thanks to the corps and the volunteers and all involved for their hospitality and warm welcomes    

If this is the direction the corps keep moving, the future will be golden for many years to come   

I did buy a ticket for BD Family Day tomorrow night.  So it will be nice to see BD since they aren’t coming up the PNW way this year.    

Now I reeeeelly can't wait for Stanford! Just one more week! Go get 'em Santa Clara!!

Edited by POSITIVenrgy

I never comment here, but just went and watched the 1999 corps. It's still a classic and always will be. 

It's been too long for this corps to not have another title. 

Here's to SCV and may this be your year!!

One of the best things about being a diehard vanguard fan is that I can disappear for 4 months and still catch up on the SCV thread in under 30 minutes.

I'm really excited to see what they bring this year! My tickets for DCI west have been purchased!

• Like 3

On 6/16/2018 at 12:10 AM, PJinPDX said:

5...the power behind the horn line is freightening.  The delicate moments pull you in.   And as a low brass player, I was enthralled by the Mello line. Didn’t see that coming. Hahahahaha.      

I dare you to find me a remnick line that isnt clean

• Like 1