Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

the mirrored prop made the "base" look open but it was solid so the member just dropped down into the base before they removed the cloth - classic magic prop. Hope that's what you're asking...

Thank you! Your response as well as a pricare message just cleared the whole thing. Lol.

8 hours ago, PJinPDX said:

Agree on he strength of DCi this year.  Exciting for us all as fans.  But I will stick with mu prediction. LOL. 

Maybe it was was because I really got a chance to hear them (with only 6 people in the stands for ensemble) and spent time near them in the afternoon sectionals.   But the mello’s really just not my socks off.   Might have been some of the staging.  Or the way the horn book is written.  Hit whatever reason I bought into it hook line and sinker.    

And thinking back, there are some amazing staging moments that still stick out for me a week later.   Especially the tuba pyramid.   Cudos to the the team in the design and use of the props.  

Lets get this season going!!!!!!!

Anxious to see it! SCV and Bluecoats have done a good job keeping things under wraps. You know, in years past I'd want to see, and look for early videos from spring training. Now, I just don't care. I'd rather see it after all the sausage making (probably not a good example these days in drum corps lol) is done. Let's get on with it!

• Like 2

Sitting at practice right now. They are working what I believe to be the Gabriel piece.  Oh my...:biggrin:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lance said:

going a tad crazy waiting to hear something/anything from this show

Me as well! Without giving away too much (that's not the vanguard way!) would be curious to hear from anyone who has sat in on rehearsal. If you could describe the show using only an adjective or two, please share. Just curious to get a feel for the vibe!

Was at the run tonight (Thursday) and they still don’t have the full show on the field. Would be very, very, surprised if it was done for the Clovis show.  Boy are they good this year!!

Based on reports from last night, it doesn't look like SCV has their closer in.  I REALLY hope they put in on tonight at Stanford as I'll be there but I have a feeling I'll be disappointed.

I'm fully expecting their closer to be the finale to Metropolis 1927 which would be epic to see live.  Stanford is the only show I get to see in person this season.

:100_pray::100_pray::100_pray::100_pray::100_pray::100_pray: