Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

Now SCV won't compete against anyone really in their tier until Broken Arrow (absolutely no offense to a really good BK at all). Will this hurt them since they won't be in really hard competition that long?

Edited by kinetic inferno11

15 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Now SCV won't compete against anyone really in their tier until Broken Arrow (absolutely no offense to a really good BK at all). Will this hurt them since they won't be in really hard competition that long?

From my perspective of following DCI, SCV, much like BD. does their own thing. I think having beaten BD a few times now is motivation enough for them to keep on pushing as hard as they can. 

If you're asking whether it hurts them in the eyes of the judges, I don't think so. BD has spent a good amount of west coast tours basically competing against themselves and have come out fine

• Like 4

12 hours ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

IMHO, no. Gives them to time add more to the show and clean without worrying about losing and keeping the momentum going. To me, it's a win win. Keep adding to the show and have the taste of winning in their mouth. They know their design team has handed them a winner, now they just need to execute. 

• Like 1

That horn snap in the ballad!  That ridiculous drum line! Those guard moments! The drill!

This show is on fire!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lanceengland said:

That horn snap in the ballad!  That ridiculous drum line! Those guard moments! The drill!

This show is on fire!

Today’s DCI needs more horn snaps. Thank you SCV for still doing it - I’d argue historically better than any corps! 

13 hours ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

no. if anything they can experiment with stuff, slow roll new stuff out, etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone tell me/message me where SCV will be housed/practicing for Drums of Fire show?  

2 hours ago, luv4corps said:

Can anyone tell me/message me where SCV will be housed/practicing for Drums of Fire show?  

Ditto for the Renton show.

Very nice video from a guard member. Talks about overcoming a language barrier just like the show describes. So cool that he gets to spin with SCV!

• Thanks 5

11 hours ago, lanceengland said:

This show is on fire!

That company front in the ballad. Holy #####. What a rush it must be to play that.

• Like 1