Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

12 hours ago, PCEP00 said:

It is an incredible show. Musically, just a whole level up from everyone else.

That said, I hope they add something at the end. After spending much of the show boxed in/“oppressed”, it needs a bigger visual effect in the closer. Come on, MG!

Is there room for Bottle Dance (asked the old guy who played a valve-rotor)?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kbbandman said:

pre-show in order to add more to the ending.

That may work but still cutting into the 17 minute window, good suggestion though.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

I am not advocating for/against a vanguard yell in this year's show...but wanted to share this, particularly for the comments. Not sure if the commenter is truly Chip, but if it is, some insight into timing on changing the end of SCV's show which I think we all have been expecting given the early season recordings from California. Sounds like sometime between San Antonio and Atlanta. 

1 hour ago, scvphan said:

I am not advocating for/against a vanguard yell in this year's show...but wanted to share this, particularly for the comments. Not sure if the commenter is truly Chip, but if it is, some insight into timing on changing the end of SCV's show which I think we all have been expecting given the early season recordings from California. Sounds like sometime between San Antonio and Atlanta. 

I am not really a fan of the Vanguard yell at all, as I want to hear and see the show as SCV intended. But if anyone MUST do it, please please please, do NOT do it before the horn snap and big hit in the ballad. This is an exquisite musical and emotional moment, and the yell there would be artistic vandalism. Just....don't. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, quietcity said:

I am not really a fan of the Vanguard yell at all, as I want to hear and see the show as SCV intended. But if anyone MUST do it, please please please, do NOT do it before the horn snap and big hit in the ballad. This is an exquisite musical and emotional moment, and the yell there would be artistic vandalism. Just....don't. 

There are some years where I feel the yell is perfect and adds to the moment (2004 is probably my fave), but it can also take away from things if awkwardly forced into a show or moment. Doing one before the ballad hit this year would absolutely ruin the glorious horn snap that makes that moment so special. I agree - just don't!! 

Edited by scvphan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, scvphan said:

Yikes, Miss Amana has been totaled! This presents a real challenge for SCV. Time to make another donation...

• Like 3