Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

2017 was an outstanding season for the organization. Very excited to see what Vanguard has in store for 2018. Hope the staff stays intact and brings home the title.

• Like 4

Really outstanding show this past season. I'm excited for what they do in 2017. I hope they continue pushing in a similar direction. I think this next year might be really special for them, and honestly I'm hoping we are seeing the start of a long series of top 3 finishes!

Going to be a lot of fresh blood in SCV in 2018 with 52 green feathers going out this year. Definitely seems like one of the larger age out groups for them. Whatever you do SCV, don't get rid of Rennick! Unless you want to send him over to Crown, then be my guest! 

On 8/13/2017 at 8:03 PM, wilme861 said:

Going to be a lot of fresh blood in SCV in 2018 with 52 green feathers going out this year. Definitely seems like one of the larger age out groups for them. Whatever you do SCV, don't get rid of Rennick! Unless you want to send him over to Crown, then be my guest! 

God forbid if that ever happens, if it did, I see him going to The Cadets. Crown has their percussion program cookin, so I don't see a change there.

In the event that would occur, watch for John Mapes and Ian Grom along with the Blue Stars percussion staff.

But that said, I saw that SCV has announced their auditions already. Saw that one of their locations is in Dallas, so one has to assume the Rennicks are not going anywhere.

https://www.scvanguard.org/vanguard-membership-overview/

11 hours ago, Jeffe77 said:

God forbid if that ever happens, if it did, I see him going to The Cadets. Crown has their percussion program cookin, so I don't see a change there.

In the event that would occur, watch for John Mapes and Ian Grom along with the Blue Stars percussion staff.

But that said, I saw that SCV has announced their auditions already. Saw that one of their locations is in Dallas, so one has to assume the Rennicks are not going anywhere.

https://www.scvanguard.org/vanguard-membership-overview/

Rennick isn't leaving SCV unless something terrible happens with organizational leadership.
If not for a low percussion score at Finals in 2015, SCV would have just won 4 straight Sanford titles. 

Mapes/Grom were not with the Blue Stars in 2017

2 hours ago, snare_guy_83 said:

Rennick isn't leaving SCV unless something terrible happens with organizational leadership.
If not for a low percussion score at Finals in 2015, SCV would have just won 4 straight Sanford titles. 

Mapes/Grom were not with the Blue Stars in 2017

Very true. Staff stability is should mean success for SCV.

On Mapes/Grom. Yes they didn't arrange for Blue Stars last season but good chunk of his peeps are on the staff including the caption head. The aforementioned works with Mapes/Grom at Pulse Percussion. Again this is unnecessary wreck less speculation. 

I am very happy with how things have been going with SCV Percussion the 6 last seasons, but now, from top to bottom, the organization is hitting it out of the park. Good times.

Also a good sign for an organization when auditions are announced early? BD has been doing so the last few seasons.

Edited by Jeffe77

On 8/13/2017 at 8:03 PM, wilme861 said:

Just Wow...I had no idea the age out count was that high with Vanguard this year. When was the last time Vanguard or any corps has had that many age-outs in one year?

Good news is only about 20 of those are brass age outs. Potential for 50+ return rate in horns is a great sign for 2018.

On 8/13/2017 at 2:17 AM, Jeffe77 said:

2017 was an outstanding season for the organization. Very excited to see what Vanguard has in store for 2018. Hope the staff stays intact and brings home the title.

I am hoping their show choice will be more like 2016 vs. 2017. Not a fan of 17 especially compared to 2016...