Madison Scouts 2018

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I read the Medium article on this.

Does anyone know how co-ed corps deal with this.

For example did he shower with the male or female corps members.

It's in the article. There's an explanation on how the Blue Stars addressed it. 

Edited by Brian Tuma

6 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Let me in because I'm (fill in the blank here).  This identity politics that is storming into everything disgusts me. It's based on "I'm a victim" or "I have a grievance" or because of my race or my gender or my lack of gender or I identify as a goldfish and I demand you celebrate me.  Me me me me me. Selfish to no end. All fueled by the political class who wants the useful idiots to believe they are victims so the politicians can pander to them to get a vote. Shame on all of us for falling for this. I didn't get into the Madison Scouts because I wasn't a good enough musician. Whaaah. Life's not fair. I should have whined about it I guess. 

Did you even read the article? None of your statements were evident in what I read about the gentleman concerned, Payton McGarry.

13 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Did you even read the article? None of your statements were evident in what I read about the gentleman concerned, Payton McGarry.

I'm not directing my rant at any one individual. Sorry if it came off that way. 

I read the article. I was fascinated by the list of demands (questions) you can ask. I’m surprised Cavaliers or Scouts haven’t been sued to allow transgender members. Considering the direction and influences we have seen in the activity its probably going to happen sooner than later. The better question is how many singers will each corps require this season? 

53 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I read the article. I was fascinated by the list of demands (questions) you can ask. I’m surprised Cavaliers or Scouts haven’t been sued to allow transgender members. Considering the direction and influences we have seen in the activity its probably going to happen sooner than later. The better question is how many singers will each corps require this season? 

IMO this isn't about pursuing a lifelong dream of being in the Madison Scouts. It's about pushing an agenda.

• Like 2