Madison Scouts 2018

6 minutes ago, churchboy said:

Enough of this!!! did anyone notice the scouts announced their guard staff today?

Mike O'Neil is good people. He and  Ronnie Bynum get great results while making the season an enjoyable experience. 

More power to the kid and appreciation for corps staff finding accommodating solutions to a tricky and sensitive issue that attempt to balance the interests and concerns of all involved.

Not that there are any all female corps in DCI, but I can't help wonder how same or different the sentiment would be for a MTF who wanted to join an all female organization.  

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Do you feel the same way about the other all male corps that's a hop, skip, and a jump down I-90? 

I sure do. Only they seem to attract much more top level talent than Madison, but yes. I understand both corps are steeped in tradition and history, but I feel they should open up their ranks to women. It has nothing to do with equality or feminism, because I believe the choice is theirs to make. It's not political, I just think in today's competitive environment, why on earth would you prevent 1/2 the talent pool from auditioning and joining your ranks.

Edited by queenanne_1536

My earlier comment seems to be deleted, but I wanted to clarify something. Someone kindly PM'ed me saying my comments came off as religious bigotry, and I agree with him/her. I myself identify as Christian, and I have many Christian friends, of course, who are supportive of LGBTQ rights, some not. I did not mean to generalize all Christians with that statement, and I apologize for the offense of that. I should have worded myself much more carefully.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, skevinp said:

More power to the kid and appreciation for corps staff finding accommodating solutions to a tricky and sensitive issue that attempt to balance the interests and concerns of all involved.

Not that there are any all female corps in DCI, but I can't help wonder how same or different the sentiment would be for a MTF who wanted to join an all female organization.  

There used to be a lot of all female corps. I guess there aren't any all female guards anymore because Regiment has opened the doors back up to males, but I wonder if an MTF had auditioned for Regiment in the past. Guess we'll never know.