Madison Scouts 2018

On 4/6/2018 at 2:49 PM, DrumManTx said:

I really like the music, like I said earlier if last year wasn’t your thing I think this year will be more up your alley.   I’m excited to see what they do with this.  

This seemingly has lots of potential for a " me like ".  The theme seems to indicate a uniform change from last season, and I sure like that a lot, if that happens.

• Like 3

According to Reddit, Madison will not be returning to a traditional uniform for 2018, despite a less theme-centered show design. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

According to Reddit, Madison will not be returning to a traditional uniform for 2018, despite a less theme-centered show design. 

I’m so ready for this era of drum corps to be over... :dozingoff:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BigBadMadMan said:

I have been waiting for many years.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I hope they at least bring back the featherless aussies. Those were sorely missed last year.

• Like 2

Meh. Along with Crossmen, an initially underwhelming announcement, although I'm sure I'll fall in love with both shows upon viewing --- I just mean that it doesn't sound particularly striking on paper. I think what was so effective about last year's design was that, love it or hate it, and there were plenty on both sides, the show was heavily-discussed and will stick out in memories for a number of years; a feat that is rarely accomplished by the bottom few Finalists. This announcement initially reads like musical Chip & Joanna Gaines shiplap: trends that toe the line of overuse while capitalizing on current design aesthetics. Nothing wrong with using trending music, of course, although it does seem to smack of a lack of ingenuity; a thought that can easily be pushed out of one's mind if it all comes together into a unique & well-designed package. And there's still innumerable uses on the field for the music of Mackey, Snarky Puppy, Elfman's Serenada Schizophrana, Golijov, & Reich...but the combination of it all does seem to indicate a calculated desire to capture what's musically in vogue right now, which seems to be a departure from last season's stark originality. The Sting twist does help.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2018 at 11:15 PM, Hrothgar15 said:

Any uniform will be closer to traditional than last year’s, but in 2016 a big critique was Madison was afraid of change. Last year’s changes proved Madison could change, and while I heard many Madison alums who were critical, I did not hear any complain when they made finals. I am looking forward to this year’s show, but I hope it has a Madison sound, feel, and look.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2018 at 10:13 AM, BigBadMadMan said:

I share that feeling. Do you ever seeing it turn towards the bad ### activity it used to be?