Madison Scouts 2018

Well that’s a good thing!

• 3 weeks later...

Dang!! 5 pages down! Nothing to report about the Scouts I guess. Further cementing my impression

that Madison is becoming less and less relevant in this activity. Proving that going along to get along is making

them uninteresting and invisible. Becoming just

another face in the crowd. I hope they prove me wrong once the season starts, but I have never been less

excited this time of year. ☹️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

Dang!! 5 pages down! Nothing to report about the Scouts I guess. Further cementing my impression

that Madison is becoming less and less relevant in this activity. Proving that going along to get along is making

another face in the crowd. I hope they prove me wrong once the season starts, but I have never been less

Theres so little to talk about with ANY of these Corps these days now as most of them get ridiculously secretive in the winter/ spring months now in DCI.  I would not consider the lack of info or hype on the 2018 version of the Madison Scouts to be dispostive on anything at all.. Don't lose faith, when the Madison Scouts havn't even put half their 2018 show on any practice field yet.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

Not much on cavaliers, blue stars, santa Clara either you feel the same bout them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Theres so little to talk about with ANY of these Corps these days now as most of them get ridiculously secretive in the winter/ spring months now in DCI.  I would not consider the lack of info or hype on the 2018 version of the Madison Scouts to be dispostive on anything at all.. Don't lose faith, when the Madison Scouts havn't even put half their 2018 show on any practice field yet.

I have said for many years that corps have their show announcement & PR all wrong. They should announce early & promote the heck out of it. There should be a show announcement day where every corps announces their show theme.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

Nah. They're going to be just fine.

13 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

Sounds like you were looking to bump the Madison Scouts thread back up to the top. Congratulations! They're getting attention, again. :lle::doh::laugh:

That is part of it. But it was also to draw attention to the fact that their way

of promoting by keeping things a secret isn't creating any kind of buzz, it's making them irrelevant.

This time last year, they showed us that crazy costume and got a lot of attention going into the

season, which only helped them. We haven't seen even a sketch let alone a picture of this

year's costume!

Edited by Nine White Russians

I think they will be solid this year. The source music is fun and packs a punch. But yeah, I'd like to see the costumes too!

52 minutes ago, madalumni said:

I think they will be solid this year. The source music is fun and packs a punch. But yeah, I'd like to see the costumes too!

always appreciate your art and the efforts at the weight loss.

• Thanks 1