Madison Scouts 2018

18 minutes ago, ndkbass said:

Perhaps.

Either way, I would love a charismatic leader like him, I just do not think it is the current admin.

Totally hear you on the tin-foil levels.  I wonder how much of that was a precursor to or symptoms of his illness?  I do not want to speculate though, and totally respect individual/family privacy around medical history.

Agree that it isn’t the current admin. And he had just gone full-bore into the “us against everyone” mentality and it was hurting the competitive success of the corps.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigBadMadMan said:

How many times have Bluecoats beaten BD? Or the Colts? Or any number of other co-ed drum corps? Lots of research to not make the point you were trying to make.

Between 1972 and 1997, Madison has 2 titles, 15 top five finishes, and 5 top 3 finishes.

Between 2005 and today, Bluecoats have 1 title, 7 top five finishes, and 4 top 3 finishes.

So, I don't see how relevant Bluecoats are to this discussion when trying to refute my point, considering for the past 12 years (and they're sure to make it 13 this year) they have been extremely more successful than Madison from a competitive standpoint. 

Madison's competitive troubles started in 2000 and they have never fully recovered. They've given us a few glimmers of hope (2005, 2010-2013, 2015) but those successes were always meant with set backs. The bottom line is when you are corps struggling to make finals, you should not be excluding 1/2 the talent pool. Cavaliers can afford to do so, Madison cannot. Period. End of.

Back in 2003 I heard people, say, "thank God, Madison is back in the top 8." Last year, it was, "Thank God, Madison is back in finals." Really? That's where we're at? Can you honestly say, as an alumni, that missing finals or being a 12th place corps is ok with you?

Edited by queenanne_1536

16 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

Agree that it isn’t the current admin. And he had just gone full-bore into the “us against everyone” mentality and it was hurting the competitive success of the corps.

Of all the corps under the Madison umbrella...Cap Sound, Southwind...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBadMadMan said:

Also, most corps are already male-heavy. Outside of guard, there are many more males than females marching.

I have no doubt there are more males, but I don't have statistics to say how many more males. 

5 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Between 1972 and 1997, Madison has 2 titles, 15 top five finishes, and 5 top 3 finishes.

Between 2005 and today, Bluecoats have 1 title, 7 top five finishes, and 4 top 3 finishes.

So, I don't see how relevant Bluecoats are to this discussion when trying to refute my point, considering for the past 12 years (and they're sure to make it 13 this year) they have been extremely more successful than Madison from a competitive standpoint. 

Madison's competitive troubles started in 2000 and they have never fully recovered. They've given us a few glimmers of hope (2005, 2010-2013, 2015) but those successes were always meant with set backs. The bottom line is when you are corps struggling to make finals, you should not be excluding 1/2 the talent pool. Cavaliers can afford to do so, Madison cannot. Period. End of.

Back in 2003 I heard people, say, "thank God, Madison is back in the top 8." Last year, it was, "Thank God, Madison is back in finals." Really? That's where we're at? Can you honestly say, as an alumni, that missing finals or being a 12th place corps is ok with you?

You say you don’t have statistics about how many more males march than females, then you say the Scouts are excluding 1/2 the talent pool. Just silly. Also, you obviously haven’t read a thing I’ve said in either this thread or in any previous Scouts threads about my opinion of the current state of things or the admin, therefore, your opinion of what I think is misguided and unimportant. Goodbye.

p.s. You still are losing at making a case for your opinion.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

2 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

You obviously haven’t read a thing I’ve said in either this thread or in any previous Scouts threads, therefore, your opinion of what I think is misguided and unimportant. Goodbye.

p.s. You still are losing at making a case for your opinion.

That's how someone who is losing an argument responds. Goodbye, indeed.

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

That's how someone who is losing an argument responds. Goodbye, indeed.

:lol: You should re-read my edited post. Just ridiculous assumptions. :4_joy:

1 minute ago, BigBadMadMan said:

:lol: You should re-read my edited post. Just ridiculous assumptions. :4_joy:

No need. We are done.

6 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

No need. We are done.

You’re right. Asinine arguments for coed based upon not beating BD, backed by further asinine comments about how the alums feel about placement means that you aren’t worth taking seriously. More males march than females by a wide margin, yet you claim Scouts are cutting off 1/2 the talent pool. :rolleyes: Move along. You’re out of your element.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Whitewater is my tour premier this year. Regardless of what’s going on with Scouts politics and issues, will be great to see them on the field in one week.

They've been so tight-lipped about everything this year. Even my friends are alums haven't heard diddly. They are literally the only top 12 corps I haven't heard one thing about.