Madison Scouts 2018

Chadwick and Kurt are artistic geniuses! How dare any of you question their

brilliant show concept and costumes! They know what the Madison Scouts need and if you

criticize them, you are a closed minded dinosaur and you don't know what art is.

By the way, neither do they! Congrats gentlemen.....You've put your agenda against

any and all remnant of tradition! And for something that looks absurd and embarrassing! And I can see you both

rolling your condescending arrogant eyes at me for daring to question you. Well, you can both do something that I

won't mention here.

Edited by Nine White Russians
  • Like 4

I just watched Madison and was expecting the worst. I'm pleasantly surprised. The color scheme of that prop is heinous, but from a music, drill and color guard standpoint this show is definitely better than last year. The uniforms, while I think hideous in close up photos, read quite well from the stands. The music is definitely Madison music, so in my opinion this show is more Madison than last year's was.

• Like 6

I’m waiting for a corps to do something REALLY edgy to turn the system on its head....like, play sustained segments of melodic music. I don’t think we’ve advanced that far yet, unfortunately.

• Like 7

Caught the show on YouTube. What an....interesting...design. Excellent musicianship coupled with a few head-scratching design choices (most notably odd pacing, very specific voiceovers that didn't make a lot of sense, and the fact that the entire show is visually centered around the left 30 yard line). Brass can play!! Love the sound they're getting already. Just a really odd design.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I just watched Madison and was expecting the worst. I'm pleasantly surprised. The color scheme of that prop is heinous, but from a music, drill and color guard standpoint this show is definitely better than last year. The uniforms, while I think hideous in close up photos, read quite well from the stands. The music is definitely Madison music, so in my opinion this show is more Madison than last year's was.

Agree with all of this. 

For me, I wish the show was even more about passion and love and the heart and had an even harder Latin feel to it (rather than the literal heart).   and just wanted the voiceovers to stop. way too much.  if that was my med school profession I would have been sleeping in class listening to him.  hahahahaha   

Corps seems to be driving the show they were given and performing well (especially compared to last year imho)   Cant wait to see it live, because the design seems to lack a sophistication to it that drives a corps up the ladder.  You can still have fun (see Blue and Bloo) but it needs to push and drive and connect with the audience.   Look forward to seeing it develop as the season progresses.  

• Like 2

On 6/23/2018 at 6:56 PM, BlueStainGlass said:

Here you go

36088152_10155238381345916_6863889567628

35972654_10155238380570916_1853366512362

OK, so I'm a total dino, in terms of age and tenure in drum corps, but I don't get bent out of shape over costumes, trombones, singing, et al. Some of it I like, some of it I don't. That was just as true for me in, say, 1979, though.

But THESE?!?!

It's like they put someone with Johnny Weir taste in charge and gave him a Tonia Harding budget!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

It's like they put someone with Johnny Weir taste in charge and gave him a Tonia Harding budget!

This may be the best comment I read this season. They should have done "I, Tonya" instead of "Heart & Soul."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well, this thread's heating up. If Scouts don't make finals (yes it's way too premature and shame on me for even bringing it up but I want to ask), do we see a leadership change?  

• Like 2