Madison Scouts 2018

42 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I've posted a few times that Bloo is really the Scouts musically with costumes and modern drill.

Bluecoats better instructional staff ( compared to Madison Scouts ) : Better overall Marcher talent drawn to the Corps.

Better overall marcher talent: Better Scores.

There is no relationship to attire/ headgear worn ( or headgear absence thereof ) and placements and scores in DCI. None, imo.

The Madison Scouts of 2018 have " modern costumes ". Their current low scores are  completely and wholly unrelated  to this " modern costuming " choice they have made for themselves, imo. As for " modern drill ", the Madison Scouts could not handle a Top 6 " modern drill ", imo. They do not have the MM talent anymore to execute a more technically demanding " modern drill " that the upper tier DCI Corps all have now. The Bluecoats and the Madison Scouts are thus unrelated in just about every criteria imaginable( including the all important finances )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Something aint working and i feel like a house cleaning is in order

Edited by madalumni
  • Like 3

I actually like some of the music. I just dont care for the visual program or the theme at all. Colts are way better and will widen the gap as will everyone above them.

20 minutes ago, splsionbudja said:

So by a show of hands how many people are panicking because colts beat the scouts?

Image result for show me your hands...,. gifs

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, madalumni said:

Something aint working and i feel like a house cleaning is in order

A house cleaning of the ED, Director, Board President, and the Board was in order already years ago when blatant straying from the foundations of Madison was in full view!  Now, the latest shinny object distraction coming from the land of low performing leadership is, going "co-ed will fix what ails us"!...A house cleaning??...There may not be much of a house remaining after these low bar destroyers have thoroughly dismantled every last vestige of the Green Gods this season!  You know exactly who you are!...This ALL happened on your watch!  What a year to celebrate my corps 80 year anniversary!  Thanks a lot!

Edited by Mad75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mad75 said:

A house cleaning of the ED, Director, Board President, and the Board was in order already years ago when blatant straying from the foundations of Madison was in full view!  Now, the latest shinny object distraction coming from the land of low performing leadership is, going "co-ed will fix what ails us"!...A house cleaning??...There may not be much of a house remaining after these low bar destroyers have thoroughly dismantled every last vestige of the Green Gods this season!  You know exactly who you are!...This ALL happened on your watch!  What a year to celebrate my corps 80 year anniversary!  Thanks a lot!

This is their 80th year anniversary show? No wonder people are so upset. Way to design a celebration show that is further from anything that represents the men of Madison. I wouldn’t even known it was the Scouts if it wasn’t announced at the beginning. Nothing there is shout out to the corps history. Where’s the rotating company front? Lol. Ice castles anyone? Malagueña? YNWA?Anything? Anything? Saw a recent dci video that said the cavaliers are throwing “Easter Eggs” through their Anniversary show as a throwback to their history. Where’s The Scouts eggs? Or are they all fried?  This is a 15th-17th place coed corps show design without the coed!!

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

There would be little talk of going coed, no beachin' about uniforms and instrumentation, their financial picture undoubtedly better, and they would be among the rock stars of DCI.  Think about it...the Madison Scouts doing Tilt, Down Side Up, Jagged Line, or Session 44.  The crowds would be going NUTS for them just as much (maybe more) as they are for Bloo. 

I agree. I think the focus here on uniforms, co-ed, and other similar details is unhelpful. The Scouts haven't had decent shows pulling in scores at a satisfying competitive level. The "show" in today's DCI is a whole package of music, drill, costumes, props, a performance attitude, and other things. We smile and cheer and hoot when that package – please, not at all the other package discussed here – comes together as a whole and thrills us. Madison could have that traditional Scouts look, but if the other pieces aren't in place, it won't matter. They could go co-ed, and again end up with programs that place 14 and 15.

There is plenty in the last several years of top tier DCI shows to suggest Madison and current drum corps design and programming should be able to fit together nicely. Ala Bloo, as @oldbandguy points out. Or BD, Cavaliers, Crown, etc. I don't have the info needed to intelligently propose why that fit isn't happening in a more satisfying way. But I am pretty sure it isn't a matter of the uniform or gender of the members.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Ummm...every drum corps has Male marching members.

Yes but only males there.

Edited by Jeff Ream