Madison Scouts 2018

39 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Wow.  Madison alum page was taken down because many were being very vocal of their disapproval and the admin felt it was becoming harmful.

I was told by someone who's an Admin over some of the "other" Madison FB sites that the "originator" of the "Madison Alumni FB" page was pressured by CK to shut it down!  I was also told by this same individual that CK had been given Admin rights to the "Alumni" page.  I can only relay what I was told and can't validate any of this...What I do know though is that the Alumni page had unfortunately become a very hostile environment for ANY alum to post any opinion that was deemed contrary to promoting the following:  The status quo, lets-go-along-to-get-along, pro-coed, support current regime at all cost, it's not about scores-it's all about experience, kumbaya, low bar new mission/vision of the Madison Scouts.  I mean talk about guys being "triggered" and requiring "safe spaces"!  The Alumni Page  became an all out PC dumpster fire!  It sadly showed how today's world view has been perpetrated upon the Organization.

Edited by Mad75
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

Saying a costume is ugly is not misogynistic. And failing to agree with you does not perpetuate the culture. I let it go the first time but you apparently felt you needed to bring it up again to prove you were right or something. 

What the hell are you talking about? I wasn't replying to any of your comments. And the misogyny wasn't from calling the costume ugly, it was from a user asking for the single female member to be put into a more attractive outfit.

Perpetuating the culture has nothing, I REPEAT NOTHING, to do with agreeing or disagreeing with others, but from treating females as objects, designed to be more attractive for the pleasure of others rather than being lifted on their own merits. Mad75's comment saying my initial comments were "triggered" and "knee-jerk" is a problem with we not because he disagrees with me, but that he believes that my concerns aren't valid.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, FlamMan said:

A Man can say that he doesn't care for a Woman's attire...and not be a misogynist.

I direct you to the commenter just above you:

13 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Except he didn’t say it was ugly. He said she needed to be in something “more attractive”. 

How you word comments changes the context and meaning of what you're saying. Saying her outfit doesn't work in the context of the show is fine, saying she needs to be "more attractive" is not.

I must have missed all of the Scout alumni bragging about all the women they bagged on buses back in the day. 

I've blocked him, so it's not letting me quote his posts, but look back a few pages at your friend BigBadMadMan.

We did have quite the cult following though, right fellas? I'll go out on a limb and speculate that this years costume doesn't attract the Girls like the superman suit did. I just hope that the corps buses today aren't outfitted with a safe space room filled with stuffed animals.

Thank you for confirming the last part of my post, though. Absolute toxic nightmare.

Edited by MotoSurfBass
Typos
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Mad75 said:

I was told by someone who's an Admin over some of the "other" Madison FB sites that the "originator" of the "Madison Alumni FB" page was pressured by CK to shut it down!  I was also told by this same individual that CK had been given Admin rights to the "Alumni" page.  I can only relay what I was told and can't validate any of this...What I do know though is that the Alumni page had unfortunately become a very hostile environment for ANY alum to post any opinion that was deemed contrary to promoting the following:  The status quo, lets-go-along-to-get-along, pro-coed, support current regime at all cost, it's not about scores-it's all about experience, kumbaya, low bar new mission/vision of the Madison Scouts.  I mean talk about guys being "triggered" and requiring "safe spaces"!  The Alumni Page  became an all out PC dumpster fire!  It sadly showed how today's world view has been perpetrated upon the Organization.

The Fan page has also been moderated. There was a pretty long post with many negative responses towards leadership which has now been taken down. Aparantly the only place you can apeak your displeasure with leadership is here. What a joke. If this is indeed Marching Musics Major League, then there should be no problem with critisizm. Youll never see this level of moderation on any pro sports teams facebook page. They are filled with displeasure and ###### off fans. You can only cover displeasure up for so long, it will catch up to them. 

9 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Except he didn’t say it was ugly. He said she needed to be in something “more attractive”. 

Ok. Then I was being more blunt than he was. Still not a triggering event. Unless you're actively seeking out ways in which to be offended. 

1 hour ago, MotoSurfBass said:

What the hell are you talking about? I wasn't replying to any of your comments. And the misogyny wasn't from calling the costume ugly, it was from a user asking for the single female member to be put into a more attractive outfit.

Perpetuating the culture has nothing, I REPEAT NOTHING, to do with agreeing or disagreeing with others, but from treating females as objects, designed to be more attractive for the pleasure of others rather than being lifted on their own merits. Mad75's comment saying my initial comments were "triggered" and "knee-jerk" is a problem with we not because he disagrees with me, but that he believes that my concerns aren't valid.

Oh please. There was nothing in his post where you could imply he treats females as objects. Or that, for the "pleasure of others" the costume should be designed to be more attractive. 

1 hour ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Thank you for confirming the last part of my post, though. Absolute toxic nightmare.

And thank you for revealing yourself. Men bad. Women good. Toxic masculinity. Check your privilege.  And on and on

• Thanks 1

297.png

Seems like an accurate descriptor of the Madison Scouts thread literally every year. Toxic wasteland 

• Like 9