Madison Scouts 2018

3 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Exactly. Unless you hear something directly form the horses mouth then you've heard nothing.

this

8 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

I agree as well,  I didn't like it when she was in pink, but the White works well.  The only other thing they could do the "might" work, is put her in the same costume as the rest of the brass, just in white.  No, I don't think that would work with the current brass outfits.

there's just little to do at this point that doesnt require a massive overhaul and cash

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

there's just little to do at this point that doesnt require a massive overhaul and cash

Absolutely agree...IF a dynamic, thoughtful top to bottom house cleaning and replacement occurs in leadership and the entrenched Board and Board President, you'd see money come in by the truck load from Madison's 80yr alumni base!  A VAST majority of the Scouts alumni give little to nothing to their corps anymore!

Edited by Mad75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Mad75 said:

Absolutely agree...IF a dynamic, thoughtful top to bottom house cleaning and replacement occurs in leadership and the entrenched Board and Board President, you'd see money come in by the truck load from Madison's 80yr alumni base!  A VAST majority of the Scouts alumni give little to nothing to their corps anymore!

I agree that the corps would have much more money if the alumni base were donating, but this is hardly an issue that started during the Komnick administration. I didn't give to the corps from 2004-2006 largely because of the way alums were treated during the Sal years. I got countless letters asking for money, yet when I tried attending camps or rehearsals during the season they were often times closed, and if they weren't, it was very obvious that the staff during those years didn't want people around, especially alums. 

This is not to say that those years were the sole cause, but it's been at least 14-15 years since the corps started having issues with alums giving financial support. To blame this on the current admin is complete ########. Over the the past 10 years, I have reached out to various board members, the ED, corps director, etc. and can say that I have always felt that I am at least being listened to. It's not to say that my ideas were taken and used, but I have felt that I at least have a voice and can express it.

The people that are not being listened to, from my perception, are those that do nothing but complain and say that we need a complete overhaul of staff, board, executive team, yet offer ZERO solutions other than changing all of these people out. There are not ideas expressed from the disgruntled alum about who to bring if, if changes are made, how to bring in more money, etc. Why should the current staff and admin listen to people that are simply throwing around comments about who needs to be fired, rather than having an honest plan.

My biggest fear is that the current admin and staff are going to be fired/leave, and those that push them out will not have a plan, other than saying we need to redo the 1995 show or some ######## that isn't relevant in today's activity. 

One other point to mention, the contact information for anyone on the board, executive staff, etc. is easily accessible, maybe some on here and other sites that have an issue ought to voice their opinion in a way that it will be listened to. Granted, I've suggested this before and been met with comments on here about how these people don't listen/care about what is being said to them, but those that have made those comments are the same ones that don't express themselves in a constructive way, or will just make some ######## comment about how these individuals won't listen, because they would rather jump on here and rag on the corps. 

Just my thoughts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mad75 said:

The Forward Performing Arts, Inc-By Laws prevent a thoughtful top to bottom house cleaning and  replacement of leadership.  Elected Board Members serve staggered three year terms and to become an Elected Board Member you have to  have been an appointed Board Member.   The board has reached out to the entire drum corps community via a recent survey.   Let the board act on those findings and develop a plan to move forward.   The current board members are dedicated, hard working, caring individuals that want  the organization to survive and be successful.  Depending on alumni  donations is not prudent.  With a couple of exceptions most corps receive little alumni support and even for those corps alumni donations are a small part of their funding.

2 hours ago, Mad75 said:

I was referring just to the show this year

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

I agree that the corps would have much more money if the alumni base were donating, but this is hardly an issue that started during the Komnick administration. I didn't give to the corps from 2004-2006 largely because of the way alums were treated during the Sal years. I got countless letters asking for money, yet when I tried attending camps or rehearsals during the season they were often times closed, and if they weren't, it was very obvious that the staff during those years didn't want people around, especially alums. 

This is not to say that those years were the sole cause, but it's been at least 14-15 years since the corps started having issues with alums giving financial support. To blame this on the current admin is complete ########. Over the the past 10 years, I have reached out to various board members, the ED, corps director, etc. and can say that I have always felt that I am at least being listened to. It's not to say that my ideas were taken and used, but I have felt that I at least have a voice and can express it.

The people that are not being listened to, from my perception, are those that do nothing but complain and say that we need a complete overhaul of staff, board, executive team, yet offer ZERO solutions other than changing all of these people out. There are not ideas expressed from the disgruntled alum about who to bring if, if changes are made, how to bring in more money, etc. Why should the current staff and admin listen to people that are simply throwing around comments about who needs to be fired, rather than having an honest plan.

My biggest fear is that the current admin and staff are going to be fired/leave, and those that push them out will not have a plan, other than saying we need to redo the 1995 show or some ######## that isn't relevant in today's activity. 

One other point to mention, the contact information for anyone on the board, executive staff, etc. is easily accessible, maybe some on here and other sites that have an issue ought to voice their opinion in a way that it will be listened to. Granted, I've suggested this before and been met with comments on here about how these people don't listen/care about what is being said to them, but those that have made those comments are the same ones that don't express themselves in a constructive way, or will just make some ######## comment about how these individuals won't listen, because they would rather jump on here and rag on the corps. 

Just my thoughts.

so in other words, it's the Cadets minus the ED's issues prior to April

On 7/8/2018 at 2:54 PM, GetOFFmyDot said:

Does anyone have direct knowledge of how morale is in the corps?  The things I have heard have not been good, but I’m taking what I’ve heard with A LOT of salt.   

I do know that some current MMs have told their family to sell their finals tickets and/or not to come.  

Wow. That is sad and difficult to read...but probably accurate.

On 7/8/2018 at 5:55 PM, Scerpella said:

Probably the majority of unrest is coming from the 70's-90's veterans who apart from the two world championships were never that far out of the running.  Personally, I don't care if some non alumni doesn't like the idea of superman suits because it wasn't meant for you...ever.  Every corps has its own tradition and way of characterizing itself.  That was ours, it was our way of saying to ourselves when we suit up we are heroes.  Don't know what your group did, but I am fairly certain others from outside your group may have found fault with it.

Madison is down now and real concerns are being felt about what needs to be done.  But truly I am not really interested in some non alumnus coming along and tossing salt on the wound.

There have been precisely 9 corps in the 45 yr history of DCI who have been champions, Madison did it twice.  We cant help it some one with an axe to grind doesnt like Madison's long time status of being one the favored corps in DCI even when they're down.

There's plenty of constructive criticism for the Scouts right now, why some resort to envious bullsh*t is beyond me.

Well said Dan.

7 hours ago, Mad75 said:

100% correct. Hopefully a group of Madison alumns can regain control of the Scouts & right this ship

• Thanks 1