Madison Scouts 2018

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

nah, Blue Stars can actually use their costume for something after Aug. 12th:  a job at Loew's, Home Depot, Deck & Stain.

You are so right!

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Out of curiosity, is it just that a certain demographic of Madison alums visit DCP or are all Madison alums very traditionalist compared to alums of other corps? 

I always associated traditionalist alumni with the Cadets but I feel like their alumni base is a lot more receptive to change 

Change has not been kind to Madison. Change for change sake is not healthy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Out of curiosity, is it just that a certain demographic of Madison alums visit DCP or are all Madison alums very traditionalist compared to alums of other corps? 

I always associated traditionalist alumni with the Cadets but I feel like their alumni base is a lot more receptive to change 

oh there's resistance with the C team, though more of it was due to one person. It seems Madison is headed down the same path minus those other issues the C team has had to deal with

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 3:50 PM, Mad75 said:

Absolutely agree...IF a dynamic, thoughtful top to bottom house cleaning and replacement occurs in leadership and the entrenched Board and Board President, you'd see money come in by the truck load from Madison's 80yr alumni base!  A VAST majority of the Scouts alumni give little to nothing to their corps anymore!

Please define TRUCKLOAD.

When you were on the board, how much money did alumni give?  More or less than they do today?  Why?

Didn't Madison only last year hire a full time development professional? Had that spot been open for a while or was it a new position? 

Being Madison Men, Mr. K and Mr. P should not need to be fired, or removed, or house cleaned etc. They both should do the right thing, the mature thing, and step down. Thank you for the gift of your time and talent, however, for whatever reasons, it just didn't work out as you hoped it would. Nothing personal. Leave with heads up. But you need to do it. The internal strife needs to end and heal and a move on to a new future needs to begin now. It can be done. It has to be done. The activity needs the Madison Scouts. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

Being Madison Men, Mr. K and Mr. P should not need to be fired, or removed, or house cleaned etc. They both should do the right thing, the mature thing, and step down. Thank you for the gift of your time and talent, however, for whatever reasons, it just didn't work out as you hoped it would. Nothing personal. Leave with heads up. But you need to do it. The internal strife needs to end and heal and a move on to a new future needs to begin now. It can be done. It has to be done. The activity needs the Madison Scouts. 

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I agree 100%. How in the world do these leaders of Men allow a show & look like this to be approved and developed? I just don't get it. The worst thing any company or organization can do is to allow failure to continue. This regime doesn't deserve to continue. 

• Like 1