Madison Scouts 2018

3 hours ago, BigShow said:

Just a #### ant survey with no legitimacy. 

What's wrong with the survey?  Too small sample size?  Methodology flawed?  Please be specific.  Otherwise it is just your opinion that it has no legitimacy.  If it does, tell us why?  I've looked at at, while simple, it seems to evaluate what it is said to evaluated, and those who answered the questions were those who might have relevant opinions.  Tell us more why it is irrelevant?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, corps8294 said:

You know it's pretty close to rock bottom when people are starting to crack the "will tonight be the night Pioneer beats the Madison Scouts" comments. :laugh:

I thought rock bottom would be if the Vanguard Cadets beat them at prelims

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

What's wrong with the survey?  Too small sample size?  Methodology flawed?  Please be specific.  Otherwise it is just your opinion that it has no legitimacy.  If it does, tell us why?  I've looked at at, while simple, it seems to evaluate what it is said to evaluated, and those who answered the questions were those who might have relevant opinions.  Tell us more why it is irrelevant?

I wouldn't assume to speak for BigShow, but for many sickened alumni and fans of Madison, it's the reasoning, (or lack there of), it's the leaderless leadership, it's the manipulative agenda, it's the "let's throw our hands up in the air, signal surrender, and turn the keys over and run this thing by consensus" travesty behind "these" Madison survey's which causes many to view all of this as a colossal slippery slope disturbing symptom and absolutely "illegitimate"!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mad75 said:

I wouldn't assume to speak for BigShow, but for many sickened alumni and fans of Madison, it's the reasoning, (or lack there of), it's the leaderless leadership, it's the manipulative agenda, it's the "let's throw our hands up in the air, signal surrender, and turn the keys over and run this thing by consensus" travesty behind "these" Madison survey's which causes many to view all of this as a colossal slippery slope disturbing symptom and absolutely "illegitimate"!

I'm curious, besides change in leadership-because that horse has been beaten to death. How would you right the ship? Who would you bring in? So many people on here and other sitesare simply calling for leadership change and I have yet to see people making honest suggestions or giving their plan. Not trying to be a dick or be snarky, just an honest question.

6 minutes ago, Mad75 said:

I mean that’s talking about two different things though. Sure the reasoning that they arrived to make the survey in the first place may be illegitimate, but the survey certainly isn’t and I’d say, based on what I’ve read here, that there’s a big discrepancy among the thought process behind the older alumni vs current marchers. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mad75 said:

You may be right that there is "leaderless leadership" and all the other failings you point out, but that does not address the issue of the if the survey is "illegitimate".  I have my opinion about the wisdom or not of Madison Scouts going coed, but because a survey indicates that it may be a good idea, is just that,  a survey that should provide some input into that decision.  Not, of course, the only input that is relevant.  But a bit of data. 

Unless you have some reason to believe that there is "something wrong" with the survey itself.  Did it "cook the books"? From an outsiders point of view, it looks ok.  Is there something I missed?  Even if the person who created the survey is a "big bad wolf", that does not invalidate the data he (or she) collected.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I'm curious, besides change in leadership-because that horse has been beaten to death. How would you right the ship? Who would you bring in? So many people on here and other sitesare simply calling for leadership change and I have yet to see people making honest suggestions or giving their plan. Not trying to be a dick or be snarky, just an honest question.

I believe the change leadership horse u talk about is not quite dead. This particular battle cry has been crescendoing for several years. Just wait until they are 14-16 in rank. It will be a bold in your face company front cry for leadership change. The only change since 2013, has been Jim Mason leaving. So I believe my own and perhaps others frustration has come from exactly what Mad75 has said. I have no faith in the leadership. Period. From my conversations with former staff and bod, ck has dictatorial powers that are rubber stamped by the BOD, I don’t want to diminish his passion for the corps, but I believe there are 2 problems, financially I understand they are not actually that much better off. 2, creatively, that is the dead horse beaten up. I don’t care about electronics, wgi on the field, and the whole it was better in the 80s. I do care that the shows are not artistic or entertaining. All this is on the leadership, especially the executive director. 

My solution, I’ll scream it on every blog I can find, JIM MASON.

Edited by brianella