Madison Scouts 2018

I started the 2017 thread...why not 2018. Let's hear ya. What do you wish for in 2018? Keep costumes? Go back to superman suit? Modernize superman suit? Show ideas?  Let's get the banter going.

• Like 1

Use the 1988-2002 uniform. Just to out-uniform literally everyone else on the field. To have a 14-year-old look at them and say "THAT's the corps I want to march." Why not?

• Like 3

The Board of Directors should fire the current administrative staff in its entirety, find new admin, and rebuild accordingly.  I would be comfortable with some of the teaching and design staff staying, but I would leave it all in the hands of new admin.  That is my sincere wish for 2018.  Again, like in the 2017 thread, I recommend reaching out to Brian Howard of the Blue Devils organization.  I am sure there are others who would be just as capable and potentially even more interested than Mr. Howard.

This does not mean that the BoD is fine as it is too. Much more younger blood is needed in the general voting membership of the board, and sitting/elected membership also needs to change. It is way too entrenched right now, and thus the corps is spinning its wheels in mud without gaining any traction. Until this changes or the structure of the organization changes, Scouts will not be able to significantly improve their package in anyway in my opinion.

• Like 3

Right, fire everybody after a season where they turned around their faltering results, mounted a roaring comeback to make Finals without breaking a sweat, and proving that they wouldn't be left 2 years behind everyone else with the evolving design patterns of the modern activity. That'll make things better.

Can't we just ####### enjoy Madison back in Finals for a few days before trashing the organization again? PLEASE?!?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, ndkbass said:

The Board of Directors should fire the current administrative staff in its entirety, find new admin, and rebuild accordingly.  I would be comfortable with some of the teaching and design staff staying, but I would leave it all in the hands of new admin.  That is my sincere wish for 2018.  Again, like in the 2017 thread, I recommend reaching out to Brian Howard of the Blue Devils organization.  I am sure there are others who would be just as capable and potentially even more interested than Mr. Howard.

This does not mean that the BoD is fine as it is too. Much more younger blood is needed in the general voting membership of the board, and sitting/elected membership also needs to change. It is way too entrenched right now, and thus the corps is spinning its wheels in mud without gaining any traction. Until this changes or the structure of the organization changes, Scouts will not be able to significantly improve their package in anyway in my opinion.

Be careful what you wish for...a history lesson. Spirit made finals for many years in a row in the 80's. Placing top 6 etc...Missed in 89 back in in 90 (sound familar?)...after 90, made wholesale changes across the board, and that began many years of missing finals 91 92 93, 94 went inactive came back in 95 and slowly began rebuilding. Finances in the toilet and a lot of struggles. It's a slippery slope...And I would hate to see Madison go down this road. 

Edited by JKT90

2018 is an anniversary year, right? Any expectation that this will mean something significant for planning and show design?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Use the 1988-2002 uniform. Just to out-uniform literally everyone else on the field. To have a 14-year-old look at them and say "THAT's the corps I want to march." Why not?

Yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ndkbass said:

What is the average finals placement of this regime? Someone posted recently and I believe it was around 12th Place. This regime has been a failure and the least successful in the history of the Madison Scouts. Clean house.

• Like 3