Madison Scouts 2018

On 2/24/2018 at 2:51 PM, Madcityscout said:

Would a Latin Jazz show be a disappointment?

You're about 30 years too late. The 70's and 80's were full of them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

hah.  In the same way that "not so yuck" is an improvement over "yuck".  Faint praise indeed.

Hardly.  Last year wasn't my favorite but it had some great moments and they performed it incredibly well.  If they build off those successes, especially in the proficiency side of things, I think it could be very good.  And if that's paired with a show that's a little more accessible?  Could be great.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tesmusic said:

As much as I loved the way the corps played Memory in 83-84, don't hold your breath on your thoughts on show concept. Curious where you're getting those hints from? 

I'm friends with Chris Komnic on Facebook and another of his friends made a post referring to the music and mentioning the scouts. After a re-read I think I misunderstood. So probably won't have 150 prancing cats on the field this year. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the Scouts are doing the show that I think they should be doing for their 80th Anniversary (hint right there), it will

be an epic show with a very epic and clever concept....and I will be a very happy camper!!!!

• Like 2

Obviously Madison came to mind in light of tonight's live broadcast of Jesus Christ Superstar.

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Obviously Madison came to mind in light of tonight's live broadcast of Jesus Christ Superstar.

Incredible performance! I hadn't seen any of the other live musicals (which I heard were less than stellar), but they didn't an amazing job last night. A lot of familiar tunes in there!

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, Jeff Ream said:

yeah they nailed this one

Started watching on the lap top, but before the opening was half over, I stopped watching.  Time to dust off the HDMI and put it on the big screen.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1