Phantom Regiment 2018

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

Awwww, no more leggy Phantomettes to spark ridiculous controversy.

The controversy they sparked both this year and in previous years is dumb as hell. 

Im almost glad they're going back to a co-ed just because they won't have to face this dumb backlash anymore 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

The controversy they sparked both this year and in previous years is dumb as hell. 

Im almost glad they're going back to a co-ed just because they won't have to face this dumb backlash anymore 

What was the controversy in previous years? I don't recall ever seeing anything.

9 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

What was the controversy in previous years? I don't recall ever seeing anything.

The same stuff that occasionally gets spewed by people criticizing the Scouts and Cavies about being sexist or not being able to place well because they're limiting their talent pool

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Liahona said:

I find it unusual that this announcement has NOT appeared on the many official Phantom sites I have checked but only on Flomarching. Given the comments on DCP of that site, I am surprised that DCPers have not verified further. Is there another reference one might cite?

http://regiment.org/join-2018/

Edited by xandandl

55 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I find it unusual that this announcement has NOT appeared on the many official Phantom sites I have checked but only on Flomarching. Given the comments on DCP of that site, I am surprised that DCPers have not verified further. Is there another reference one might cite?

It's on the very website you've linked under "general information"

Edited by Cappybara
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It's on the very website you've linked under "general information"

So it is. I really do need that surgery on my eyes this Fall.

• The color guard will have auditions for male and female performer

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

nvm

asked and answered above

Edited by Liahona

16 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I think Phantom is trying to find a style within their style....if that makes any sense to anyone.

Ummm, no. Not a clue, and if 2017 was any indication of this, YIKES!